PDA

View Full Version : bit's and bobs

DEE'S NOVA
11-09-02, 03:11 PM
right i have started buying in the bits needed to get the girlfreinds nova up and going

but i need a radiator
1,does it need to b a gte one or the all the same?
2,how much will one cost?

need slam panel(bit of frame with vin number)
1,where do i get one?
2,do u have to get another vin plate?
how does the old one come off does it have to be cut and if so where?
3,how much will one of these cost

gearbox!!well i'm getting one for nothing as it's lying in a guys garage that i know but he sayz he does'nt know what state it's in so

i heard of a place in paisley that re condition them so there like new but does anyone have an idea how much this will cast?

ade
11-09-02, 03:39 PM
bit of a shopping list there m8!

Dunno of any scrappies in your (our) area - only one I know in Glasgow dont have any GTE's - I think (not defo though) that the rads are different - bigger on bigger engines novas (again unsure though).

Scrappy would be best bet or ring up one of them 24hr national scrappy hotlines for a few quotes - will deliver in 24 hours and usually really good prices - prob get a slam panel from them also - failing that vauxhall dealer (Arnold Clarke in Greenock) maybe able to give u a price - any 2nd hand ones will prob have to be removed from the car its welded too so prob best getting new one - about ?60? (unsure though)

VIN plate I think can be removed as its only held in place with pot rivets - just drill them out and add to the new one - drill through thr panel if theres no holes in the new one. You can get new VINS but (according to another post) they are pricey and can take up to 8 weeks to arrive!

Gear boxes - check out novaloads sales/wants for second hand one if your current one is no good. Depending on whats up with the current box could be cheaper to get a second hand one rather that recon the old one - depends on damage to it...

Sorry a little vague but gives you something to go on...

Ade
:)

Ben (lurk75)
11-09-02, 05:43 PM
try www.dixonsvauxhallspares.co.uk for your slam panel and they are more than likely to have a radiator as well. I had my GSi radiator replaced with a new one, it cost ?100 for a genuine one fitted and with the coolant etc replaced. Try foy_william@hotmail.com for a radiator as he is breaking two GTE's at the moment and he will post one to you as well.