PDA

View Full Version : One Minute Silence

wisewood
11-09-02, 01:01 PM
I take it everyone will be / has taken part (depending when you read this).

Question is - how do you justify 2 minute silence for the quuen mother and one minute for the people and families of poeple lost this time last year across the US. ??

ade
11-09-02, 01:36 PM
were doing a minutes silence (for as long as u want) also raising money for fire brigade benevolent fund.

Seen how they shut all major airports down this morning just in case!

Worlds gone mad...
:(

wisewood
11-09-02, 01:50 PM
World's gone safe mate - that's all...

although to be honest i wouldn't make any strikes today if i were them - coz everone expects it - be better forthem if they waited a week or two then did something - catch everyone off guard again. I reckon that is what they will be doing. THey have had a whole 12 months to plan the next move. :o

Jim
11-09-02, 02:07 PM
12 months to plan something...I heard that it took them 7 years to plan the trade centre attack :o

I hope that George Bush doesn't go mental and start nukeing people. You know Britian will get caught up in the middle somewhere :(

wisewood
11-09-02, 02:14 PM
for the wtc attack they had to train people to fly 737's though... simly strapping 30lbs of C4 to someone and walking them into a shopping centre doesn't take that much planning does it really...

I don't think Bush is THAT stupid that he would start using Nukes but I am pretty sure he is going to kick the crap out of Iraq in an attempt to stop Saddam and finish the job his daddy started 10 years ago.

The world is, unfortunately not a pretty place at the moment - best thing to do - buy yourself a submarine and hide in the bottom of lochness. It has worked for Nessie all these years.

ade
11-09-02, 03:32 PM
its not so much the "organised terrorists" you've gotta watch for its the nutters who want 15 minutes for fame or to cash in on the days attrocities that you need to watch out for!

Bin Ladens lot prob wont do owt thing is theyre scattered all over the place so fcuk knows whats going on. And as for timing, how do you know the year after they started planning the wtc attacks, they didnt start a campaign of follow ups? That means theyve had another 7 years from the 1st year of planning to pan the next move.

Terrorists are always one step ahead - most of the time - fcuk - they managed to cover their tracks for 7 years - they aint stupid...well actually they are but you get what I mean.

Makes me sad...

:(

carltoncrazy
11-09-02, 04:12 PM
well i stop and put tools down for two mins.
yeh i think bush will flip,he aint bright.look at hi skol result etc,serious clintion would of sorted this ages ago.
sadly every1 nos sum who died in that,i certainly did.
see theres two ways of lookin at life,live it or sit about worrying about wot might happen.b honest the east will fuck up soon and well get into it aswell.
look at sweaden billina t country fit ladies,oh yeh back to the point,they neva get into wars,netruel thats how the uk should be.yeh?
i look at life maybe in a stupid way but i like,it.
you live once,you fuck it.then well thats it.
you will always have a nutter who thinks differently to you.but if ya sit there worrying and protecting yaself then your not going do thing you wanna.
try n understand the point it is confusing i no.
it is a shame tho.seems a waste,youngest person to die was 2 yrs old, and im sorry but no1 has the right to take anther life.
sadly tho the USA had it coming.but i dont agree with what happen.
ahh my speach done
now clap

Jim
11-09-02, 04:50 PM
Britain should be neutral...Shame Tony Blair has his head up Bushes Arse. :roll:

locky
11-09-02, 04:57 PM
Put it this way, Tony Blair wont pick up a gun and fight, he'l b nice and safe, and we'll b getting killed and stuff!
makes u wonder eh?

Ben (lurk75)
11-09-02, 05:30 PM
right dont get me wrong but the attacks 12 months ago were a logistical masterpiece, the amount of planning that must have gone into that was amazing to get both those planes to hit those towers within an hour of each other is amazing and i still belive that these were just a distraction for the other 2 planes, fair play to that pilot bringing that one down in the desert. That plane was the one that was going to do the serious damage. (not that the other 3 didnt)

I in no way support what they done, just amazed how they done it.

RobIsGrt18
11-09-02, 06:14 PM
well i stopped for the minute's silence, thought it was well observed, all tv channels inc mtv (which i was watching) stopped broadcasting and just displayed a blank screen with "9/11" on it !!

It was a tragic event, and im sure if anything simular happened again then world war 3 would be iminant !!

kevw
11-09-02, 06:24 PM
I noticed that http://www.yahoo.com has been participating today with a tottaly grey look..

Chris LR
11-09-02, 08:24 PM
Tony Blair Will do absolutly nothing, He said he'd be tough on terrorism,

but he said that about crime, education, health, etc

I rest my case :2gunfire:

carltoncrazy
11-09-02, 08:41 PM
but m8 his head stuck so far up the states ass he done care bout nowt else.
i aint a conservitive old fuddy duddy,but i like the idea of doing fuck all like the sweadish.they have the right idea

Tilly
11-09-02, 09:05 PM
Well i did my 1 minute silence it was hard but for a good cause

carltoncrazy
11-09-02, 09:30 PM
tilly,long time u mising wisewood?????lol hehehehehhehehe
sorry i know i said id drop it so its been droped.
but serious tho there is gd to come of all this,
think about how many boring romtaic hero films the US will produce about this

Tilly
11-09-02, 11:28 PM
what/ why would i have missed Wisewood like a dose of clap

wisewood
11-09-02, 11:32 PM
i don't know - why would you have missed me like a dose of clap?

Tilly
11-09-02, 11:35 PM
exactly i wouldnt

wisewood
11-09-02, 11:37 PM
I can think of no witty retort for that one - so i will simply write this midless rubbish instead - so there - nerr nerr!!! :D

Ben (lurk75)
11-09-02, 11:45 PM
tilly how do you know what a dose of the clap is like :?:

Tilly
11-09-02, 11:49 PM
my dad told me what it was :oops:

wisewood
11-09-02, 11:52 PM
lurk - dont get her wound up mate - she will kick off at me again

Tilly
11-09-02, 11:55 PM
ive neva kicked off on u dont tell lies lmao
:lol:

Ben (lurk75)
11-09-02, 11:56 PM
you asked your dad what the clap is :?:

wisewood you couldnt think of a witty comment so thought i would help :!:

wisewood
11-09-02, 11:59 PM
cheers mate

Tilly
12-09-02, 12:06 AM
its a common phrase god 1 brain still betta than 2

Ben (lurk75)
12-09-02, 12:08 AM
god i will leave the lovebirds to it :!:

Ben (lurk75)
12-09-02, 12:10 AM
god i will leave the lovebirds to it :!:

Tilly
12-09-02, 12:10 AM
yet another fool

Ben (lurk75)
12-09-02, 12:17 AM
yeah thats right i am a fool, wont get any arguments from me on that one:!:

but it takes one to know one :lol:

Jim
12-09-02, 09:20 AM
I think the most emotonial part of the day was watching the video footage later on in the evening. There was a program dedicated to the fireman of NY.

They had a guy that happend to be doing a documentry that day and he captured everything on his camcorder. He was even in Tower 1 when Tower 2 collapsed. The footage was unbelievable. The camerman was focusing on peoples reactions rather than the actual towers burning, it was amazing to watch.

The worst part had to be when they were in the lobby of Tower 1 and they could hear peoples bodys landing on the canopy or on the floor outside. I couldn't imagine witnessing a body landing in front of me.

When they all got back to the fire station, ALL the fireman from that station made it back, except for one guy. It wasn't till later on in the day that the last guy turned up. You could see the happiness/sadness/grief all in the expressions of the fireman. Theres no words to describe what they must have been going through.

Lets hope the situation sorts itself out before anything else like this happens.

Jim

RobIsGrt18
12-09-02, 04:11 PM
could'nt of put it better jim, i watched that programme and it was amazing, alomost like watching a film, thats how scary it must of been!!!

Those bodies falling on the roof conopay was awful, it must of been bad to jump 60+ floors !!

Hope nothing like this eva happens again !

carltoncrazy
12-09-02, 06:52 PM
sadly i have to slag thwe amicians off,there were 700 people on the roofs and the amicians would send choppers to go get em.
sorry but amicians think of the wallets br n e fing else.
and wisewood,ur imagian thingy.
thats about how clear thing were out of the back window of the sr.lol(if u dont understand,dont worry n e 1 who used to no da nova will understand).