PDA

View Full Version : inner cv's for xe conversion

paulnova
28-05-08, 01:21 AM
can anyone tell me the approx year and model of mk2 cav 1.6 which i need the cv's from to fit the gsi 22 spline shafts??

I called up a motor factors today and tried to explain which cv's i needed, i didnt know the year or trim model etc.. just that they are cav mk2 1600 inners, he thinks he found the ones i want at £22+vat per inner cv, does that sound too cheap?? i dont want to go through the hasstle of him ordering them in and trying to see if they fit if they are wrong lol,

if anyone could give me an example it would be much appreciated :thumb:

paul

ck
28-05-08, 03:53 AM
every time ive bought them all i said was mk2 cavy 1.6 inners. just be sure they are 22 spline inside to fit on shaft and 34 (think it was 34) outside to go into the gearbox... i pay £24each (inc vat) from my local motor factors

Philsutton
28-05-08, 08:32 AM
^^ im guessing that is with an exchange unit as well?

craig green
28-05-08, 09:21 AM
Most CV's are exchange. Whether the factors adds a surcharge (mine do about £7)

Another model you could mention when enquiring is the mk2 Astra 1.6 SR (approx 1985) seeing many people struggle with mk2 Cav 1.6 stuff. These early Cavs were big block but in 88 GM launched the 1600 smallblock thus adding to the confusion & as I doubt many of the early bigblock's are left on the roads, most factors dont have any demand for them.

Most of the CV catalogues I've seen document the no of splines, just ask to see it.

ck
28-05-08, 11:46 AM
nope never exchange for me, thats £24 each nclduing vat and no exchange needed :D

there is also one of the dawoo's (spelling lol) that use exactly the same inner cv joints aswell.

easiest is to go through there cv book and work out which ones are correct via the splines.

chris

Dod
28-05-08, 12:19 PM
Mmmmm, sounds like a plan!

If anyone can get a part number up, it'd help a lot of people.

AlexW
28-05-08, 01:12 PM
there is also one of the dawoo's (spelling lol) that use exactly the same inner cv joints aswell.

Yes the dawoo nexia is a Astra mk2. I belive thats the same anyways, iirc a couple of others are based on vauxhalls too.

paulnova
28-05-08, 06:38 PM
thanks for all the help guys, the price was without exchange, they dont charge me there as im such a regular lol!! i will ask to see their book of cv's to see the number of splines listed. thanks again.

Dod
28-05-08, 07:01 PM
Paul, can you see if you can get a part number or if you can find out the manufacturer of them please?

paulnova
28-05-08, 07:09 PM
dod - do you mean see if i can get the daewoo part number??

Dod
28-05-08, 08:10 PM
Well, whatever part you're getting, I wanna get 2 but my local motorfactors are idiots!!

paulnova
28-05-08, 08:33 PM
lol ok mate once i get them i will pm you manufacturer and part number