PDA

View Full Version : XE Clutch Plates

hendrix
27-05-08, 10:38 AM
Can anyone tell me if the xe clutch plate is different for the two different flywheels? Cheers :thumb:

Lee H
27-05-08, 10:59 AM
Yes it is, I had loads of problems when I changed to flat flywheel and cover plate but kept the same friction plate. Clutch kept slipping. Ended up buying a friction plate to suit flat flywheel.

hendrix
27-05-08, 11:11 AM
bugger lol.
Hope I've ordered the right one......all the ones at local motorfactors are rid
Guess I'll just have to wait and see!
Mines the pot type flywheel...

ck
27-05-08, 03:03 PM
ive never had any problems with a pot type friction plate on a flat flywheel/clutch cover. a few places even had them listed in their books as having the same friction plate

Adam
27-05-08, 03:47 PM
The friction plates are the same.
Its the pressure/cover plate that differs

Lee H
27-05-08, 09:14 PM
My parts place lists the friction plate as different. When I got it the diameter was different too. All I know is it wouldn't work on mine.

hendrix
27-05-08, 09:36 PM
All the parts places I spoke to said they were the same but vaux thought they were different and the n00bs that hellfrauds employs on a weekend tried to sell me a clutch cable pmsl

ck
27-05-08, 11:02 PM
something not right there then, the c20xe/c20let flat and pot type clutches are all 228mm (or is it 220mm lol) so same diameter and they obviously share the same splined in the centre as do most big block gearbox's..

Lee H
28-05-08, 09:11 AM
I know, I thought it would work but when I put it all together the pedal was biting right at the top and the clutch slipped like mad, was working fine on the pot flywheel though.