PDA

View Full Version : fuel protests

draper
27-05-08, 08:02 AM
so, wales are having a fuel protest today :)

does anyone think it will help ? will it be the start of more protests ??

edit - also a convoy heading to london

Will F
27-05-08, 08:23 AM
Are they?? I didnt experience any massive queues etc... It will probably get worse through the week tbh..

Jack
27-05-08, 10:05 AM
"Read" (if you can call it that) about the London ones in the paper this morning.

I don't think it'll make a blind bit of difference tbh, Brown knows he's failed dismally at leadership, and the entire country is baying for his political (and in some cases literal) blood. If he keeps duty up, he'll go at the next election; if he lowers duty he'll have the conservatives and most of his own party decry him for being a weak leader, and again get booted out.

Calling for OPEC to increase productivity was an absolute joke tbh, IMO made him look like an incompetent fool (more so than usual) that ignores his own problems and hopes that other people can solve them for him. That was like asking a nun to strip because a pubload of drunken blokes wants to see some boobs.

paulnova
27-05-08, 12:42 PM
Brown knows he's failed dismally at leadership, and the entire country is baying for his political (and in some cases literal) blood

lol

Jim Mcrae
27-05-08, 01:09 PM
I really don't like the way labour are going. Brown need to go. But i hate, hate, hate the conservatives too. I can't win:cry:

Jack
27-05-08, 01:16 PM
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/images/bnp2.jpg

lol

Matt2107
27-05-08, 01:20 PM
They get my vote.

CP
27-05-08, 01:45 PM
This issue is really the start of a much bigger process that will eventually have to get everyone onto a war like footing to tackle the massive problems surrounding where we get energy from, how much we can tolerate it costing and crucially who gets it. We live in a global economy and this issue will affect absolutely everyone everywhere eventually.

How we have been living will have to change and evolve quickly and everyone need to come to terms with the fact that we are all in one way or another responsible for the situation and for finding a way out. Its gonna to be no good pointing fingers and moaning its the governments fault or that country's problem etc etc. Ok so we can argue the toss about fuel duty rates now but in the future having any at all at a cost that will allow the economy to survive will be only thing worth worrying about - we will look back to this period and realise that we were still living in cloud cuckoo land.

I think, similar to how Gordon Brown decoupled the interest rate decisions away from the party political arena, we need to do something along the same lines to deal with major strategic engergy decisions. We need the very best people with major powers to control this now. Captains of industry need to be brought much like during the war to galvanise research and development and production of new and viable energy sources. No more argy bargy - no more government this and government that - just get on with it. Its gonna hurt but its got to be done

Andy
27-05-08, 01:53 PM
I hate the way this country is run totally,we pay more here for anything than anyone in the world.Fuel goes up,beer,fags,food,electric,gas-the list is endless.Sadly wages havent gone up to compensate for this so everybody is skint.I fkin hate that shambolic "party" :tard:imo they are a bunch of selfish arrogant jumped up tossers and while people even entertain the rollocks that dribbles from their fat gobs they will get away with it and me and you will suffer even more.We are FUBARD-fact:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: