PDA

View Full Version : I hate ebay!!

Princess JJ
26-05-08, 10:39 PM
Not happy,this is the 4th time I've tried to buy an interior and been beaten at the last second!!I was too busy reading an email from ebay telling me to up my bid(thinking it was the one telling me I'd won) to change it!!!:mad:

~~joycey~~
26-05-08, 10:40 PM
thats well unlucky :( wot interior you after?

Jack
Sniping FTW :D

craig green
Join the club.

Ebay sucks. It's filling the world with cheap tat! It was great when it was an online jumble sale.

Jack
26-05-08, 10:42 PM
It still is!

Its an autojumble though, of al lthe things I've ever sold on ebay, car parts are about 4 times as likely to sell for a decent(ish) price compared to anything else.

Princess JJ
26-05-08, 10:43 PM
It was a full sri one,need to replace my seats so was only after them really,plus the rear door cards would have been nice :(

craig green
26-05-08, 10:44 PM
It still is!

Its an autojumble though, of al lthe things I've ever sold on ebay, car parts are about 4 times as likely to sell for a decent(ish) price compared to anything else.

You should check cycle parts/MTB auctions.

No bids for 6 days, then bam! It all goes nuts in the last 10 minutes.

Proper adult bidding but very unpredictable.

~~joycey~~
26-05-08, 11:02 PM
It was a full sri one,need to replace my seats so was only after them really,plus the rear door cards would have been nice :(

wot colour?

Princess JJ
26-05-08, 11:29 PM
blue and grey,only really need the drivers seat as for some reason when i bought it the drivers seat was an sr,the passenger and rears were sri...no idea why!

~~joycey~~
26-05-08, 11:39 PM
lol thats well random!

ade
27-05-08, 12:14 AM
I learnt along time ago with ebay to stick your absolute max bid in and just let it run its course - but stick summut like £50.57 rather than £50.50. I used to get beaten coz people bid £50.51 and win by 1p!

If you time gamble at the end youre gonna lose...unless youre v lucky...

unlucky though...

DTR-DEVIL
27-05-08, 12:57 AM
As Jack said, is it called EBAY SNIPER? or something like. ive never used it but apprently you cant lose?

Mike
27-05-08, 06:32 AM
Aye, the ole sniper programme lol puts in your max bid with 1 second to go!

If its something i really want, ill make sure im online for the auction end and win it!

Dod
27-05-08, 09:13 AM
I've got 2 very good Blue SRi Interiors here, no rips, no tares and no stoopin Speaker holes either.

Jack
27-05-08, 10:00 AM
I learnt along time ago with ebay to stick your absolute max bid in and just let it run its course - but stick summut like £50.57 rather than £50.50. I used to get beaten coz people bid £50.51 and win by 1p!
Thats either because they're probing your bid, or they've put in a higher max and ebay has just shunted their bidding up enough for them to win.

Some people on ebay will just pay well over the odds just to get something, and with early bidding that allows them time to KEEP bidding - I was watching a PS2 Tekken game on there a couple years back and the bids just kept going up and up - £68 in the end! Couple days later another copy of the game went for a fiver because all the bidding was done at the end.

As Jack said, is it called EBAY SNIPER? or something like. ive never used it but apprently you cant lose?
I do it manually. Even with sniper programs, you can still lose.

blue and grey,only really need the drivers seat as for some reason when i bought it the drivers seat was an sr,the passenger and rears were sri...no idea why!
Probably because the drivers seat was damaged or had major side bolster wear, and the previous owner just bought another one with the same pattern to replace it. Most likely unaware that the seats come in bucket and standard form.