PDA

View Full Version : Gsi runing problems. Help

novanum1
26-05-08, 05:23 PM
Im having a sight probem. Iv just put a E16se engine in to my Nova Sri,
Everything works fine. Apart from when you get past about 4000rpm in 4th and sometimes in 3rd gear. The engine just goes realy flat and loses all power like its no firing. but it dont cut out becuase when the revs goes back down or change up a gear, i dont get a problem. Anyone got any ideas.

Iv just put in new plugs and a new TPS senoer,

big gra
26-05-08, 05:38 PM
check that the leads are in good nic, and the coil.

rysmee
27-05-08, 12:16 PM
does it sound/feel like a missfire? the more info you can get on it the more chance you have of diagnosing..so.. you say it does it in 4 th and 3rd.. what about the other gears? is it worse loaded up or will it do it with only very light acceleration? does it only do it driving along? ie can you get it at stand still? if so you can rev it up and if a problem with the leads is causing a missfire then you'll be able to hear the arching.

craig green
27-05-08, 02:25 PM
Ign is a good point to check. Plugs must be gapped to .8mm IIRC. A new rotor arm is a better idea than a TPS though, also what type of dizzy cap does it have (black-screw on, or Red-clip on?) I've found the black ones are tricky to get good leads for. Check the ends of the leads for arcing deposits. Likewise if the cap is old or you are unsure, replace that too.

Lastly make sure the Earth strap from the gearbox to chassis leg is good, again replace if unsure. I've had the same symptoms as your misfiure due to bad earthing through the chassis leg & alternator belt, tension bracket. You can earth the alternator bracket to the firewall to discount this.

I'm confident the above will cure it.

novanum1
28-05-08, 02:47 PM
Hey all. Iv just fitted all new leads and rotor arm. its hard to say if its a misfire or not. its just seams like theres etheir no fuel or no spark at that time. When it happens it will pull fine until 4000rpm then it just feels somthing has turned off but the engine is still runing. but it still holds it revs, but iv now found it only does it when the engine is warm. But it dont do it when you rev it standing still.

It only does it in 4th gear now all others are fine, iv tryed easing it round but it still happens.

O its the Red clip on one.