PDA

View Full Version : help please - 2.0 8v wiring

Rickyb
26-05-08, 03:30 PM
ive bought a calibra 2.0 8v and im taking the engine + box out to put in to a nova ive got the loom out but i cant make up my mind if its just the piece of loom that goes from the ecu to the injector rail and to the battary(and loads of clip on things) or do i need the piece what has the battery terminals on with the big plug? but the only thing is that big plug then goes inside the car (pass side). one last thing theres three plugs next to the ecu as far as i can see thay run up to the dials/ign do i need this? sorry for bad spelling/gramor

big gra
26-05-08, 05:03 PM
what car is it going into? you can use the mni loom for the starter and alternator off your old car. all you need is the engine loom, unplugs from the car loom, has ecu, AFM plug, injector plugs and coil and dizzy plugs.

i did a 2.0 8v last year, was piece off pi$$

Rickyb
26-05-08, 06:26 PM
its goin into a nova gra i thurt that about the smaller loom. what about the three plugs from by the ecu are thay to the clocks+ign cheers

big gra
26-05-08, 06:33 PM
can you get pics? what colour are thye wires?

craig green
26-05-08, 09:07 PM
Should just be the injection loom, from ECU, a multiplug which will have all the power/command & gauge wires & all the sensors etc on the engine. Just leave the loom with the engine & unplug the ECU & multiplug.

Saves any headscratching figuring out which plug goes on which sensor.

Rickyb
26-05-08, 09:38 PM
i kno what plug goes were im just mind boggled about the three plugs one green and two black ill put pics up tomoz

Rickyb
26-05-08, 09:58 PM
look at the first pic of this thread these are the three plugs i meant but i shud be able to wire it from this guide i think.

KITT1972
26-05-08, 10:56 PM
the three plugs are needed, so just cut the other side of the plug on loom side, you will use these for fuel pump dash ecu light etc.

on the loom front the one side goes to ecu , you need all this
the other side take all the battery term off and all wire that go to multi plug.
When taking it out car

You wont need all of them when they go in car but for removing safely do it like that, that what i did on the astra and it went in good as gold

Rickyb
27-05-08, 10:12 AM
look at the first pic of this thread these are the three plugs i meant but i shud be able to wire it from this guide i think.

oops just realised that i didnt put the link in lol. http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98133 :thumb:

chimp007_uk
27-05-08, 10:21 AM
Anyone have a spare sri130 loom? ;) Mine has an electrical fault somewhere :(