PDA

View Full Version : MK2 Golf Rear suspension

Rexy
25-05-08, 06:55 AM
Has anybody ever tried to fit mk2 golf suspension to a nova, i've been lookin at it for a while and wondered if anybody had tried before i rush out and buy a sus setup for the mk2.

Cheers in advance...

And before you instantly think eh wtf has rexy been smoking Rear coilovers are the norm on mk2 and they look very simular in design and fitment to the nova.

Only issues which may or may not cause concern is the fact the struts maybe longer and/or the bottom fixing point may be too wide etc.

Shame i dont have any mates with a mk2 i can rob some rear coilovers off and try... saying that ;) :thumb:

lj
25-05-08, 10:50 AM
i've been told to try beetle ones too.... i have a matge who has a golf mk2 on coilovers....i'll ask to try one.....

R1CH
25-05-08, 11:26 AM
What parts are you wanting to try and fit, the whole rear end set up or just the actual struts ??
If your asking about the whole set up then your gonna have to fabricate new pick-up points for Golf stuff to bolt onto and god knows what else ... If its just the actual struts that your asking about then surely its gonna be way easier (probly cheaper) to just buy ones to fit a Nova !!

_JH_
25-05-08, 10:43 PM
I have a set of mk2 golf rear struts here somewhere, from what I remember they're miles too long. I'll see if I can dig them out and measure

craig green
26-05-08, 08:33 PM
The struts would be useable if you turreted the back end, in which case you can chose the height of your top mounts.

In my case, my coilovers are wound as high up as the ride height will go & the back end is still too low.

Rexy
27-05-08, 07:46 PM
the idea behind this was that second hand coilovers are cheaper and easier to come across than nova ones. Thus saving pennies :D

I have had a look and it looks like the actualy struts are too long which is a bit of a bugger. i've not actually tried one as yet but if i manage to get hold of one to try i will give it a go and post the results.

Its all about saving money as i refuse to pay £500+ for a set of avo's when i can pay £150 for a set of FK(konigsport) from a golf mk2 lol. Again the front end is of a sim design to the nova it might not work then again it may well do :D