PDA

View Full Version : where do the 2.0 16v slicone hoses go to???? help urgent

gunny
24-05-08, 07:05 PM
in the final stages of an xe conversion and its the first time ive used these silicon hose kits, im on the ancilalry hose kit and need to know where the short stubby hose goes and the 3rd hose up. that squigly little one, plus not 100% on where the other end of the long t-piece hose goes, need help/pics urgently
http://my.frooition.com/070084/images/NovaC20XEak.jpg

Geordie-Chris
24-05-08, 07:13 PM
in the final stages of an xe conversion and its the first time ive used these silicon hose kits, im on the ancilalry hose kit and need to know where the short stubby hose goes and the 3rd hose up. that squigly little one, plus not 100% on where the other end of the long t-piece hose goes, need help/pics urgently

Short stubby hose = breather pipe to front of rocker cover
3rd hose up - not sure - possible throttle body/inlet manifold
Other end of long T piece - inlet manifold/throttle body??

My cars on Carbs, so have less hoses, but built up my mates XE head for his NOva the other day and that had coolant pipes going to a bolt on union under the inlet manifold/on the throttle body, I'd suspect some of the pipes will be for that.

gunny
24-05-08, 07:27 PM
whats a bolt on union? and where exactly is it?

Lee
24-05-08, 07:33 PM
Long pipe with T piece runs from the water outlet on the back of the inlet and T's into the pipe running from the expansion tank to the top of the rad.

Im sure the stubby one is for the ICV. Its too fat to be a breather pipe.

3rd hose up is stumping me lol

Paul
24-05-08, 08:51 PM
short stubby hose goes to cam cover from above the oil dipstick.

3rd hose goes from the front of the throttle body to either the Fuel Tank Vent Valve or the cam cover?