PDA

View Full Version : computer help

dave.gsi
24-05-08, 12:10 PM
my mate lent gave me a copy of the bear grylls series that he'd burnt onto cd. i played it yesterday and it crashed my computer, everything just froze so i ended up getting pissed off with it and turned it off from the wall socket.

since then i've got no sound on my computer :tard:

its definately not on mute, the volume is turned up but thats about as far as my computer knoweldge goes!

any ideas?

he said the disc played fine on his computer

Dar
24-05-08, 12:24 PM
You press edit and the forum double posts!!

Dar
24-05-08, 12:26 PM
Are the speakers plugged in and switched on?lol

Also check the volume levels - My Computer -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment -> Volume Control

Check the drivers are happy - For XP.
* Goto My Computer
* Right click on it.
* Click the Hardware tab
* Click the Device Manager button
* Open up the 'Sound, video and game controllers' section and make sure that it's all happy. If not try reinstalling the driver.

Smurf-Xx
24-05-08, 01:22 PM
Could be a virus of some sort? Mate had this happen before. Had to go onto microsoft website and download drivers again.

draper
24-05-08, 01:24 PM
throw it out the window repeatdly untill it works

dave.gsi
24-05-08, 06:18 PM
yep, speakers are definately plugged in

i'll go and do that 'driving' thing and see if that helps lol , if not it may well be going out of the window, i was hoping to get the ricky hatton fight on it later, on some dodgy foreign channel :wtf:

TIDGE
24-05-08, 08:00 PM
yep, speakers are definately plugged in

i'll go and do that 'driving' thing and see if that helps lol , if not it may well be going out of the window, i was hoping to get the ricky hatton fight on it later, on some dodgy foreign channel :wtf:
links??

dave.gsi
24-05-08, 09:14 PM
http://www.justin.tv/jimbo2567

best i can find at the moment, but it doesn't start till 10pm so by then sopcast should have a decent stream going :thumb:

still can't figure out my sound problems though, i'm well fcuked off, i'll be watching the fight in silence :cry:

Paul
24-05-08, 11:14 PM
throw it out the window repeatdly untill it works

+ REP!

dave.gsi
24-05-08, 11:20 PM
i fixed it just before the fight so was made up :D

spent about an hour going through all the help menus,... nothing.

then 5 minutes before the fight starts i right click on the speaker in the corner, look at the volume control, they are all on high execpt one (wave i think it was), turned it up and bingo :D

fight wasn't brilliant though :roll:

Dar
25-05-08, 10:47 AM
So you did do the second thing on my list striaght away :(

dave.gsi
26-05-08, 12:30 PM
yeah, i did do that and they were all turned up.

found out later on though that it was only showing me about 5 options, had to click on the 'show all' bit and then realised that one of them that was hidden wasn't on

told you i was crap at computers lol