PDA

View Full Version : vectra SRi V6

white2lSR
23-05-08, 06:32 PM
Are these any good? im on about the old shape ones.

white2lSR
23-05-08, 06:43 PM
im selling this and want a good vauxhall family car for not much money!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r57/rubberrambo/ACP_0602.jpg

Jack
23-05-08, 06:48 PM
Define "good", they're pretty quick and comfy. Not exactly exciting to drive as standard though and can eat fuel if you drive hard.

white2lSR
23-05-08, 06:51 PM
i need reliability and comfort. not too fussed about MPG as we only do about 30-40 miles a week.

Jack
23-05-08, 07:03 PM
Vectra V6 = winner then :D

AlexW
23-05-08, 07:37 PM
Can i susjest the GSI, Great looks, Great speed, My brother had one, Used to love the wheels and factory body kit, had a top end speed of 150mph which isnt bad for a nice big car.

IMHO leather is a bad choice too.

sport
23-05-08, 08:57 PM
I have an SRI vectra is a good car although i would recomend the GSI for the extra ponnies and racaro(sp) as im after the seats and cams for mine at the mo.

AlexW
23-05-08, 09:00 PM
I have an SRI vectra is a good car although i would recomend the GSI for the extra ponnies and racaro(sp) as im after the seats and cams for mine at the mo.

Dont blame you for the seats! They are great!

Matt GTE
24-05-08, 08:05 PM
I've had my GSi for nearly 3 years and still love it. No it's not amazingly fast and there are no doubt better cars out there but I do think they're underrated and in my experience at least very reliable (in 3 years and 20k miles the only thing it's needed other than the usual service items is an EGR valve).

If you're willing to pay the extra go for the GSi, if you're set on the SRi look from '98 onwards as the suspension was uprated and lowered 20mm around that time along with massively nicer interiors and the 16" twin spoke alloys as opposed to 15" 5 spokes on the earlier cars.

Paul
24-05-08, 09:06 PM
May I suggeust a mInt low mileage Lotus Carlton?

white2lSR
24-05-08, 09:53 PM
ive decided to look for a gsi (providing the bmw sellslol). idealy a 2.5 as they are up on power slightly. there is a nice black one on MIG that looks like a good un.

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/cars-sale/358572-vectra-gsi.html

AlexW
24-05-08, 09:56 PM
ive decided to look for a gsi (providing the bmw sellslol). idealy a 2.5 as they are up on power slightly. there is a nice black one on MIG that looks like a good un.

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/cars-sale/358572-vectra-gsi.html

F**k OMFG, Im Shocked!

That used to be my bros! WOW!

I know Everything about that car!

white2lSR
24-05-08, 10:01 PM
HUMMMMMMMMMM. tell me more!
if i do go for it ill be traveling about a 800 mile round trip to get it so any info would be a great help. the main thing is why did he get rid of it"!"

cheers for any help

Matt GTE
25-05-08, 11:39 AM
Looks fairly tidy, wheels do it no favours at all imo though and it isn't facelift like he says, just has facelift headlights. Looks like it has electric rear windows and cruise control though which are nice extras to have, cruise was an option from new although it's most likely been retrofitted and they all had manual rear windows.

sport
25-05-08, 12:32 PM
I prefer the pre facelifted GSI as they come with irmscher sideskirts and rearskirt as standard un like the facelifted ones that look like a standard vectra from the side or rear.

Kinky Monza
25-05-08, 01:05 PM
We've just gotten rid of our Vectra GSi, was the 2.5 V6 one.

Excellent car, never once let us down even when we was doing 1000s of miles in it!

We now have the Vec ST back, again excellent car. we're running just under 200 BHP on it. MPG is around 35! if it's being hammered then expect 25-29mpg :D

Try VVOC for GSi's for sale, there's quite a few one there atm!

HTH

AlexW
25-05-08, 03:47 PM
Looks fairly tidy, wheels do it no favours at all imo though and it isn't facelift like he says, just has facelift headlights. Looks like it has electric rear windows and cruise control though which are nice extras to have, cruise was an option from new although it's most likely been retrofitted and they all had manual rear windows.

Yep, cruise control and electric rear windows were fitted by my bro, As where the xenon head lights.