PDA

View Full Version : flickering headunit

twistysnovagte
22-05-08, 07:57 PM
hello chaps,little/big issue???i for the first time ut a subwoofer box(to a amp340watt)cranked volume(as you do)then the front drivers side speaker went off and the headunit started to flicker as in go dull(not off):confused: not sure if this has ewt to do with the sub ive put in is it?:confused:
any help is apprieciated:thumb:

Dave.
22-05-08, 10:07 PM
you mean like the screen dims? flat bettery/ drainign it, altenator working correctly?

General Baxter
22-05-08, 10:10 PM
did you have the engine running?
are you running the std nova speakers?

CoolTiger
22-05-08, 10:57 PM
if its standard speakers your running im guessing youve blown it, as for it dimming amp sucking too much power??

twistysnovagte
23-05-08, 09:25 PM
yes this is with the engine running etc.i can acept that the sub/amp is draining power therefore flickering the headunit to the bass.but this never happened when i just had the sub onits own(without the box)the speakers are standard items(wil be looking for replacements soon)but im fearing the worst i wouldnt want a FIRE and lose everything .i do have a large breaker / fuse on the live wire to the amp.but could it still catch fire.im gonna buy me a small extinguisher just in case.;)

Jack
23-05-08, 10:23 PM
Check wires to the dud speaker, they might have broken or burned and caused a short.

leenovagsi
24-05-08, 02:24 PM
have you checked the earth on the back of your head unit sounds like its the earths breakin down at higher volume levels