PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about didital tv??!

Dave
22-05-08, 10:33 AM
Looking for abit of help on this one!
got a new digital HD tv and have gone through all the set it up for the channels, it picks up most of the channels but it's missing ITV and Channel 4
I've got citv and e4/e4+1 but not the main 'standard, channels, have added a signal booster into the mix to see if it did anything but hasn't so.....any idea of how to get them or am i gonna need to get a digital ariel?

Thanks
Dave

Welsh Dan
22-05-08, 11:12 AM
The best way is to start with a good digital ariel and cabling. When I was a student it cost us around £250 to have a pro fit a brand new ariel, cabling and digi booster, and the reception was spot on in both houses he did for us, this was running the cabling to 4 rooms.

tookie
24-05-08, 12:56 AM
get a high gain digital ariel fitted on the roof ,if you need to split it to run other rooms aswel use a digital compatible booster that has a few other output sockets on it ,or you can wait it out untill they turn up the digital signal strength when they turn off the analog tv in a few years time.

Adam
24-05-08, 01:01 AM
Aye, sounds like a weak aerial.
Mine misses out a few channels too.

Lee
24-05-08, 01:03 AM
Sorry, but am I the only one who thought it was amusing that a thread appeared about Digital TV by someone called Dave?.....

.... only me then!

Ste L
24-05-08, 10:09 AM
PMSL Lee...

didn't even clock on to that lol