PDA

View Full Version : CoolTigers Question thread

CoolTiger
21-05-08, 09:38 PM
well since i already have another thread i may aswell make a genral question thread becuase i can see myself needing to ask another question and save spamming thr fourm with tomany threads ill just ask in here lol

right todays question is....
can you mot a car with just the green slip that you get when you buy the car?

draper
21-05-08, 09:40 PM
you dont need any paperwork to MOT a car where i go

CoolTiger
21-05-08, 09:41 PM
ok any one else have to have paperwork to mot their carS?

General Baxter
21-05-08, 09:42 PM
they like the log book, saves them trying to find engine and chassis numbers lol

Mike
21-05-08, 10:36 PM
As said, you dont need a V5C to MOT it. However, the little green slip can be used to tax it PROVIDING the purchase date on the new owner supplement isnt 2 months or more backdated.

ck
21-05-08, 10:52 PM
yep never needed any documents when mot'ing a car down here. cant think of any place thats wanted anything..

CoolTiger
21-05-08, 11:20 PM
ok thanks guys ill book the mot tomorrow should be going friday or saturday :) or even tomorrow

Philsutton
22-05-08, 12:13 PM
they like the log book, saves them trying to find engine and chassis numbers lol

Also prevents them from checking the numbers if for some reason your trying to mot your mates car with your plates on lol

CoolTiger
22-05-08, 03:34 PM
its booked in for 10.30 saturday moring :D

CoolTiger
24-05-08, 07:02 PM
another question lol

any one else taking a 1/2 done nova to pvs like me i.e some parts in primer or worst ?

Philsutton
24-05-08, 07:04 PM
I think most the vauxhalls there will be half done and rushed, I know mine always was lol

CoolTiger
25-05-08, 10:17 AM
lol :)

another question lol !

because my dad is insuring my car and the details will be in his name does it matter when i come and tax the car ? and can he insure the car with the little green slip or dont you even need it >?

Jack
25-05-08, 05:16 PM
Mine will be runnable (I hope) but nowhere near a state I'd like it to be.

Anyone can tax a car, so long as the documents all match up (thats assuming the person at the post orifice can be bothered to check them). Last year, I got my dad to tax the celica and SORN the Nova as he was doing his at the same time. Saved me a trip to town.

For insurance, you don't need the V5 or green slip etc. Obviously you may need some way to prove the car is yours though if the insurance company request so, but thats unlikely. They'll be able to check direct with DVLA who the registered owner is.

CoolTiger
25-05-08, 05:54 PM
yea it will be my car but insurance in my dads name doesnt matter when i tax it does it becuase the car will match up obviously :)?

will the dvla show the car is mine yet ?? because the logbook hasnt come back and its been a month

Philsutton
25-05-08, 05:59 PM
I tax'd my diesel with the log book that the owner 3 owners before me had, the guy at the post office just refused to give the log book back an sent it off to the DVLA and got it changed over lol.

CoolTiger
25-05-08, 06:02 PM
lol

Lee
25-05-08, 06:06 PM
All you need for a tax disc is a valid MOT for that car, a valid insurance certificate for that car (doesnt matter who's name is on it) and either a complete logbook, or the green slip you recieve when the logbook is sent off.

Philsutton
25-05-08, 06:10 PM
^^ I had a full log book im some random guy from up north and my signature dated over a year ago lol. Also you can only use that green slip if its 3 months after you have got the car, not like what I tried to do an use it after Id had it about a year.