PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding an air lock???

ben doodar
21-05-08, 01:07 PM
i seem to have an air lock in my cooling system. whats the best way to bleed it through? x

meritlover
21-05-08, 02:24 PM
put the car on a slope so the front is highest, that will allow the water to come out the heater matrix, then its just a gradual process of warming the engine up, topping up and squeezing hozes until the bubbles come out. if you still have problems you might have to slacked the odd clip to let the air out the hose.

ideally the vacuum pump bleeder is the best way, but il assume you dont have one handy.

xx

Welsh Dan
21-05-08, 02:35 PM
Turn the engine off, remove the coolant temperature sensor from the inlet manifold and fill the system from the header tank until coolant reaches the hold in the inlet, refit the sensor then follow meritlovers instructions.

xxx

ben doodar
21-05-08, 09:20 PM
thanks for the help chaps. will have a crack at it in a min. jacking the front of the car up at the front does, make alot of sense. thanks.

xxx (i love the fact of every one giving a kiss back) lol lol

General Baxter
21-05-08, 09:24 PM
fill it up, removed the header tank cap, and rev the nuts off it lol

Philsutton
21-05-08, 09:36 PM
vauxhalls are meant to be self bleed, remove the header tank capthen leave it until fan kicks in. Thats the way Ive always done it, half the time I dont even do that just fill up an drive off.

Nova_Tek
22-05-08, 09:53 AM
vauxhalls are meant to be self bleed, remove the header tank capthen leave it until fan kicks in. Thats the way Ive always done it, half the time I dont even do that just fill up an drive off.

Yep pretty much what Philsutton said and General Baxter. Do what you need to do, fill up the system with coolant, keep the cap off and run the engine, let it warm up till the fan comes on then you know the thermostat has opened to let coolant into the rad. Top up the coolant to the right level run again or drive it.

Never failed me, done this on my Nova and dads Cav.

:thumb:

No kiss from me Im afraid

big gra
22-05-08, 11:00 AM
i just fancy givin ya a kiss :roll:

xxx