PDA

View Full Version : XE loom wiring issue

hendrix
21-05-08, 12:45 PM
Was going to start wiring my XE loom to the GSi loom ready for the engine going in this weekend (not quite finished yet).
When I looked at the ecu plug there appears to be four black wires that come out the plug but don't go anywhere.....any ideas??? :confused: :confused: It appears they have just been snipped and taped up and as I didn't remove the loom from the car I have no idea what they are for. Maybe for an alarm??
Any help would be much appreciated!

Clean 2.0 nova
21-05-08, 10:27 PM
Can you not pull the wires back and see where they go? If it was an imobiliser they will be soldered into other wires such as fuel pump feed and switched positive to the ECU.

ck
21-05-08, 10:54 PM
yeah i would assume they are for an alarm or more like was for an alarm. pull back the tape and you should be able to chop them out and connect up the original wires colour to colour..

hendrix
22-05-08, 11:36 AM
Can you not pull the wires back and see where they go? If it was an imobiliser they will be soldered into other wires such as fuel pump feed and switched positive to the ECU.

They are 4 black wires, fairly thick gauge that come from the ECU multi plug and are about 6 inches long but dont go anywhere and there is nothing apparent on the actual loom that they would connect to :wtf: :( maybe I'm just being thick.
I'll get a picture later

hendrix
23-05-08, 11:56 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/hendrix/22052008130.jpg

The four wires in the bottom left, when stretched out fully dont seem to go near anything on the loom.
Any ideas??????

Clean 2.0 nova
24-05-08, 01:20 AM
It looks like from the piccy that these wires may go to the pins to the ECU even if it is a well butchered loom.

Here's what to do. Get a test meter and see what (if any) pins the wires go to. From that you will be able to find from a diagram somewhere what those particular pins do on the ECU. If this doesn't work then you may have to open up the plastic on the connector to see what's what. If it's been tampered with before it should re-open up again.

ck
24-05-08, 01:37 AM
to be honest that definatly isnt factory lol. i would pull the plug apart.. think you can literaly push the loom through the black part if that makes sense? might be a clip holding the connector into the black housing. i would have thought those wires would have been for an alarms imobiliser circuit.mor then likely 2 wires have been cut and then those 4 black wires have been attached to the 4 bare ends of those 2 cut wires. almost all alarms use all black wires to determin theifs, would be easy for them if they were colour coded lol. when an alarm is installed they fitter would refer to a pin-out diagram of the connector and fit t wire by wire..

Give it a go hopefully you will be pleasantly suprised :D