PDA

View Full Version : new dials

Hobbit
21-05-08, 10:12 AM
Can anyone help, i picked up a set of dials with rev counter dirt cheap off ebay. i just stuck them in my 1.2 merit (which has no rev counter.) it all seemed to plug in ok but...

The rev counter jumped up to about 1.5k as soon as you turn on ignition and stays there.
The speedo seems a bit optimistic.

Are they just mullered or have i done something wrong (highly likely :D ) or were they never gonna work.

Cheers for help

k, sorry, found a thread telling me how to make rev counter work, still not sure about speedo

Hobbit
21-05-08, 12:15 PM
did the wire from the coil mod, it kinda worked.

it still jumps up to 1.5k rpm when you turn the key to first click, then when you turn it over it goes up to 2.5k, it then works normally, just 1.5k to high.

any ideas?

MK999
21-05-08, 01:11 PM
Speedos always over read by a certain amount, basically if it reads 30 when you're doing 27 you're not gonna complain to the manufacturer when you get done by a speed camera doing less than 30 even if it's out a bit. Seems Nova ones are always optimistic by more than usual too lol

On the rev counter mine just worked when I plugged it in but apparently this is just pot luck on whether it's wired up from the factory or not. If it works normally when the car is running I wouldn't worry about it as long as you're sure it's reading correctly? :)

Hobbit
21-05-08, 01:16 PM
it doesnt read properly, its about one and a half grand to high, it jumps up that far when you turn the key one click, then goes up some more when you start it up, so its constantly one and a half grand to high, think its a dodgy rev counter