PDA

View Full Version : vosa checks last night

raymond
21-05-08, 08:35 AM
Well me and eastham took a drive over to rochdale town hall to have a nosey at some of the overly modified cars last night. oh my word wish i hadnt have bothered. We turned on and who was there police x5 two vosa vans and two recovery trucks.
What a surprise they pulled me in lol. checked tyres, lights, indicators, wipers, sills, play in bearings, play in the steering rack, exhaust, and handbrake. few other things also main one was for illegal engines.

unlucky for me they found a fault handbrake not working. give me a slip of paper that says my car has now no mot and im unable to use it till its been re tested. test dont run out til august.

thought id warn you guys its mainly greater manchester police but you never no

as to say eastham didnt get stopped in his chavalier? must be a nova thing lol

Stuart
21-05-08, 08:39 AM
Did they have a brake dyno there to be able to tell you the handbrake wasnt working properly?
And did the police promptly pull you over on your way home as they had just voided your mot? lol

raymond
21-05-08, 08:42 AM
no mate they had no brae dyno but the handbrake wouldnt hold enough he said he could push it while it was on but ive never had any problems with it lo

no they didnt pull me they give me a time span i got pulled over at 20.25 and had till 23.00 to get home

Stuart
21-05-08, 08:48 AM
I'd argue on the grounds that he might habve been superman (they need to prove he isnt... maybe shoot him or something lol) so pushing the car on its H/B is a stupid test etc.

Dod
21-05-08, 09:35 AM
Bollox. Thats totally Illegal. For example, if it'd broken on the way, as in the past 5 minutes, should they ban every car for road use?

I say go to the Cop shop, bring all previous MOTs and have a word with someone of High Ranking Athority. Did you get the Cops details at the time? Have you a signature on the Slip of paper?

I assume your car is Taxed? Did they let you drive away in the car afterwards?

L33 LEG
21-05-08, 09:37 AM
jesus! glad i didnt go or else id of been fcuked lol

raymond
21-05-08, 09:53 AM
it wasnt a copper it was a vosa guy yeah i have his details didnt think about what you said it could have happened on the way

yes he did let me drive it home but i had to have it home for 11pm and not drive it till a new test certificate has been issued

which is were it is as at now the good old mot station

thedjse
21-05-08, 10:11 AM
That is ****ing rediculas im sorry it really pisses me off how the police get 40 coppers to pull some cars yet people are being raped house are being robbed etc... i go to cheadle cruise and they was there last week stopping everyone getting on its getting really stupid now!!!

Dod
21-05-08, 10:51 AM
So you're getting it tested today?

If i were you I'd still follow it up, dont let it go. Call me ignorant but what is the VOSA?

Stuart
21-05-08, 11:09 AM
they are bascailly the police of the MOT world...

I'd love it to get an MOT having done NOTHING to the handbrake at all... proper complaint then.

raymond
21-05-08, 11:50 AM
Dod yes im getting it re tested today as i need the car as its my everyday use should have it back after dinner al fine and dandy hopefully :)

stuart aint got a clue what you mean lol

Ryan5cyl
21-05-08, 11:55 AM
I'd be interested to see what the MOT dudes say about your handbrake, porbably nothing lol, I'd follow it up too at the police station, hope you haven't had to pay for anything :mad:

Stuart
21-05-08, 12:03 PM
if you havent had to do anything to the handbrake to make it pass the MOT test.... then their VOSA "test" is crap and you should make a complaint about being harrased and them making money out of you for no reason.

ck
21-05-08, 12:06 PM
was the vosa guy a fully qualifed mot tester? if not then legaly he cant say its unfit to be on the road. unless its somethng really obvious but thats not the case here...

FUSION X16XE
21-05-08, 12:07 PM
Totaly agree with stu on that.

Dod
21-05-08, 12:13 PM
Yeah, go for the Bo Racer Harrasment Case regardless. Tell them the Hand brake had just snapped minutes before that and that you were on your way to meet a mate to get it fixed, and that the VOSA lad didnt give you a chance to explain. I bet he feels god about himself, busting someone on a Handbrake Cable.

Lee H
21-05-08, 12:27 PM
I thought I was going to get same treatment last night, was just passing through Rochdale on the way home from a mates at about half 10 and all of a sudden had a police T5 race right up on my rear bumper.

It followed me for about 10mins at 30mph and then overtook me and raced off with no sirens or nothing, they shouldn't be allowed to drive like that.

raymond
21-05-08, 12:39 PM
it was full of coppers all over rochdale last night

newt else better to do really have they

FUSION X16XE
21-05-08, 12:41 PM
i hope you got the number plate?

Lee H
21-05-08, 12:42 PM
I didn't even want to go home through Rochdale but they had closed the A627 towards Oldham for some reason.

Am amazed I didn't get pulled.

NovaLad
21-05-08, 12:45 PM
Cr4p didn't think to tell ya raymond.

Theirs been news about that last night their would be coppers on their arresting etc... didn't think VOSA Would be there.

A guy called Fish who goes there got a ASBO just for toy fighting with his mate at a red light WTF!!!!

They are basicly trying to crack down on the whole townhalll Cruise/Meeting up.

What does my head in is they are never there when people are drifting between cars being utter n0bs but instead arrive when that aint going on and give the people that park up cr4p.

Andy
21-05-08, 02:25 PM
Coppers and VOSA have been dipping vans and cars here all day,there was loads of them aswell,stopping most vans,what gets me though is if like myself the stopped drivers are self employed they will lose money while the ghey fcuekrs check them,and who could blame them if they were running on cherry? Most people struggle to make ends meet cos of extortionate fuel costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgggghhhh: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

thedjse
21-05-08, 02:54 PM
So do you think they will be at Cheadle tomorrow?

big gra
21-05-08, 02:59 PM
at least my car is going to be fully legal for once, and santa pod is on private ground so there not entiteled to enter and snoop around, unless there undercover as vauxhall fenatics, haha :)

bola
21-05-08, 03:07 PM
This sort of happened to me the other week, coppers had divided the road near the town hall in 2, so all modified cars could be checked over. Was about 3 cop cars, 10 coppers & a few bikes but no vosa thank god! Anyway they couldn't find anything wrong with my car (god knows how they missed the front no plate :p ) so tried to do me for me having my sri front seats fitted wrong! He said they were the wrong way around and too wobbly! lol pathetic, so i pointed out to him they couldnt be the wrong way around as the bit that folds the seats in half is on the outside, its only the back bit that wobbles slightly & its been through the MOT and had a full engineers report done and had nothing said about it!

Eastham
21-05-08, 03:11 PM
Cr4p didn't think to tell ya raymond - Novalad

Well done Novalad, you paying for the MOT then? lol lol lol

Martin
21-05-08, 03:23 PM
we went to Rotherham crusie the other nite, and on the way in.. there was like 5/6 t5's 2 X5s, and when we got in there ther was 2 evo9(i think) the daddys as well.. oh and an LDV van pulled up with about 20coppers in it..

and the chopper was out to..

totaly pointless imo...

we was in a Massive car park on an industial estate with permission to be on there.. out the way of anything..

Mehhh

Adam
21-05-08, 03:39 PM
Bollox. Thats totally Illegal. For example, if it'd broken on the way, as in the past 5 minutes, should they ban every car for road use?

I say go to the Cop shop, bring all previous MOTs and have a word with someone of High Ranking Athority. Did you get the Cops details at the time? Have you a signature on the Slip of paper?

I assume your car is Taxed? Did they let you drive away in the car afterwards? Im afriad they can.
They can remove/tow any vehicle off the road if they deem it un roadworthy.
They give your car a full mot at the roadside.

Raymod-Did you not ask the tester/bloke to just pull the handbrake on more? lol Assuming the cable isn't snapped or anything, you would of noticed if it wasn't working fully and sorted it?

raymond
21-05-08, 04:17 PM
well back from the test centre they found more wrong with it than vosa did

chassis leg welding big hole now
rear chassis spring mount welding
excessive corrosion on the brake lines on the rear
no handbrake still

oh my word all to be done within 14days or i go to court :mad:

Adam
21-05-08, 04:21 PM
Should they not jsut have checked what vosa reported was faulty????

raymond
21-05-08, 04:23 PM
no mate the car had to be fully tested my car was void on its current mot from 23.00 last night enough to get me home from rochdale

they give me 14 days to get it sorted get a new certificate and get the prohbation notice taken of at my local police station:mad:

Welsh Dan
21-05-08, 04:25 PM

Can you SORN it?

NovaLad
21-05-08, 04:25 PM
Cr4p didn't think to tell ya raymond - Novalad

Well done Novalad, you paying for the MOT then? lol lol lol

Seeing as though i have onlyseen him and known him to go once before then no lol.

It's just pure unlucky that they picked you.

Just because you had a nova i bet.

NovaLad
21-05-08, 04:27 PM
well back from the test centre they found more wrong with it than vosa did

chassis leg welding big hole now
rear chassis spring mount welding
excessive corrosion on the brake lines on the rear
no handbrake still

''chassis leg welding big hole now
rear chassis spring mount welding ''

They won't take a welder long.

'' excessive corrosion on the brake lines on the rear
no handbrake still''

These should take a garage 30 mins.

Adam
21-05-08, 04:28 PM
TBH they may have done you a favour in some ways.
Rear spring through the chassis leg spring mount would not be nice at 70mph on the motorway..........

raymond
21-05-08, 04:29 PM
unsure if i can sorn it tbh

no way am i letting the garage touch it lol

Philsutton
21-05-08, 06:31 PM
''chassis leg welding big hole now
rear chassis spring mount welding ''

They won't take a welder long.

'' excessive corrosion on the brake lines on the rear
no handbrake still''

These should take a garage 30 mins.

LOL never worked in a garage before have you?

If the brake lines are corroded my money is on them not wanting to come off, an thus expect them to need to be re-done.

Jamienova
21-05-08, 06:40 PM
you dont have to re-mot it straight away!!! i got pulled by vosa cops in evesham,worcestershire! on friday night! basically you cant use your car because it not road worthy, so thats why you have to put it htrough the mot. There isnt a time limit on getting the car mot'd but if you drive it anyway your better off getting it mot'd earlier rather than later! but i got caught again today driving mine and they basically said we will crush your car!! last warning lol(yes mr plod)

raymond
21-05-08, 06:44 PM
i have a 14day limit to get mine done if not done within 14 days well we will see what happens

after closer inspection its the back panel thats goosed well and truely

loads a work for before pv lol

NovaLad
21-05-08, 06:46 PM
LOL never worked in a garage before have you?

If the brake lines are corroded my money is on them not wanting to come off, an thus expect them to need to be re-done.

No i havn't worked in a garage but doesn't mean i don't know about 'SOME' mechanics.
I re did my break lines on the nova they don't even take long.

Infact it prob took me lonegr to bleed them than it did to replace them.

It's better to re do them than to fix um.

Rich
21-05-08, 06:59 PM
They cant do you for not getting another MOT done in 14 days if you dont drive it? Its basicly saying it needs an mot to sit on your drive.

Sounds like police wasting time again, hate the c**ts! Must be low on funds at the moment. Were they only pulling modified cars?

Rexy
21-05-08, 07:16 PM
They are only doing their job i guess i had one years ago, i just got chatting to the guys doing the test had a laugh with them blah blah they were pretty sound with me to be honest.

Pretty gutting tho fella just a few weeks before PV as well hope you get it sorted matey.

and the chavalier didnt get touched..... I'm shocked that things a right shed :P

Ste L
21-05-08, 08:18 PM
They are only doing their job i guess i had one years ago, i just got chatting to the guys doing the test had a laugh with them blah blah they were pretty sound with me to be honest.

warrington, by any chance - on sainsburys? lol

Rexy
21-05-08, 10:21 PM
lmfbo yeah boy :D and again at that strip place lol.

Az it got boost :P

Ste L
21-05-08, 10:23 PM
i remember that..

sticking them bottle's of boost in the engine bay :cool:

those was the days hahaha lol

Mike
21-05-08, 10:28 PM
I find this thread ace lol so many poeple on here "i fcking hate VOSA" or "thank god i didnt go" etc etc etc

You hate them becuase your more then likely driving an unfit car anyway, if the faults they highlight are known to the driver then im glad they caught you for it.

Mike
21-05-08, 10:30 PM
Were they only pulling modified cars?

Becuase in this day and age most have un-declared engine conversions, stolen parts fitted, insured as standard cars etc etc. Use your noggin FFS.

Welsh Dan
21-05-08, 11:27 PM
I find this thread ace lol so many poeple on here "i fcking hate VOSA" or "thank god i didnt go" etc etc etc

You hate them becuase your more then likely driving an unfit car anyway, if the faults they highlight are known to the driver then im glad they caught you for it.

I completely agree.

craig green
22-05-08, 09:35 AM
Unlucky raymond. Atleast you've had the cars faults brought to your attention.

Surely you'd rather know? Its still victimisation though, young & driving the 'wrong' car. Its not right.

There should be a retaliation against coppers, if people blocked police cars into parking spaces, they wouldnt be able to use the patrol cars & it probably wouldnt be illegal. LOL

Matt2107
22-05-08, 01:31 PM
There should be a retaliation against coppers, if people blocked police cars into parking spaces, they wouldnt be able to use the patrol cars & it probably wouldnt be illegal. LOL

Done for obstructing a police office i think. Bummer isn't it.

craig green
22-05-08, 01:34 PM
That'd be right....

Bit off topic but I've just seen a an ANPR/clamping van cruising around our town looking for untaxed vehicles to clamp. I even watched as the leapt out to check an obscured reg plate on a parked car, but it was OK as they jumped back in the van & kept going.

I dunno why but I just hate all this kinda stuff. Having a SORN'd car makes me itchy I guess.

raymond
22-05-08, 01:35 PM
it is a tad of a bummer but like people say newt i can do about it

still not keen on the comments were it was an unfit car as to my knowledge it was perfectly fine and legal to be on the road with the current test

not to worry all will come good in the end

rexy no they let mark drive past and had me instead lol

Rickyb
22-05-08, 01:35 PM
unlucky dude

Dod
22-05-08, 01:40 PM
The law is a Joke. From June 1st, all imported cars into Ireland will be taxed at e2000 a year regardless of engine size.

All aside from Classic Cars, but they have to be 30yrs old.

As for SORNing cars, we mearly need a Guardai (Irish Cop) to sign a form confirming the car is off the road and so we dont have to back tax cars.

Currently, if your car is not a ROI registered car, the customs can sieze it straight away. No Notice required but they cannot damage any property. They tried to sieze my mates Mk2 RS2000 a year before it came a Classic Car (e50 to import and e50 for a years tax). Issued him with a cert stating he has 1 week to import it or it'd be impounded, so he built a small wall around the car in his garage so they couldnt get it. He was then fined and has some form of Criminal record for it.

FUSION X16XE
22-05-08, 03:06 PM
Issued him with a cert stating he has 1 week to import it or it'd be impounded, so he built a small wall around the car in his garage so they couldnt get it. He was then fined and has some form of Criminal record for it.

lol ace :thumb:

Adam
22-05-08, 04:00 PM
it is a tad of a bummer but like people say newt i can do about it

still not keen on the comments were it was an unfit car as to my knowledge it was perfectly fine and legal to be on the road with the current test

not to worry all will come good in the end

rexy no they let mark drive past and had me instead lol
I dont think Mike was saying that about your car, he was just making a general comment about VOSA haters

bola
22-05-08, 08:45 PM
we went to Rotherham crusie the other nite, and on the way in.. there was like 5/6 t5's 2 X5s, and when we got in there ther was 2 evo9(i think) the daddys as well.. oh and an LDV van pulled up with about 20coppers in it..

and the chopper was out to..

totaly pointless imo...

we was in a Massive car park on an industial estate with permission to be on there.. out the way of anything..

Mehhh

what i put before was at the meeting place of our convoy up to rothercruise! Yep the 'copter followed us up the motorway to see where we were going, we were doing like 65mph & totally legal so i didnt see the point! Then our convoy leader got pulled and asked where he was taking us all etc..

Why waste that much time on us?

Lee
22-05-08, 09:11 PM
Why waste that much time on us?

Because its easy pickings unfortunately. If a group of youngsters meet up in modified cars, the chances of some of them being illegal and / or unroadworthy, or the chances that some idiot is going to drive like a penis is far too good a chance to miss for the old Babylon.

When kids start being a bit more responsible and the piggywinks stop being able to stick easy convictions on them, they will stop harrassing you :) But there will always be people who ruin it for the rest of us, thats the way it'll always be.

Mike
22-05-08, 09:20 PM
I dont think Mike was saying that about your car, he was just making a general comment about VOSA haters

Correct Ad. IMHO if your veichle is unfit for use AND YOU KNOW IT then i hope you get caught for it and it all blows up in your face :D one less dodgy driver to plough into one of my cars :D

Andy
22-05-08, 09:24 PM
When kids start being a bit more responsible and the piggywinks stop being able to stick easy convictions on them, they will stop harrassing you :) But there will always be people who ruin it for the rest of us, thats the way it'll always be.

Agreed,while people are still doing things like a certain thread from the other day-"cutdown springs" etc and driving like twoc'ers around town centres they will come down hard,usually it is the vast majority who suffer at the hands of the law because of the small minority,who seem to evade these punishments.
Doesnt matter what car you drive so long as it has a fairly loud exhaust tone you are a target for mr plod.Also the police will go on egay etc and see Novas or whatever else for sale with ads like "3.0v6 twin turbo nitrous....still on the logbook as a 1.0 blud" and think most are at this.

RJM25R
23-05-08, 02:11 PM
They were at Cheadle last night. Wasn't there myself, but a guy from work was and 12 cars got impounded apparently....

thedjse
23-05-08, 02:55 PM
I thought they would be at cheadle so i stayed well away last night lol

tom_beverley
23-05-08, 03:58 PM
They were at Whitby a few weeks back.

raymond
23-05-08, 05:01 PM
out in force i see targetting modified cars.

FUSION X16XE
23-05-08, 05:26 PM
i hope they stay up north or im screwed till i get the bloddy wipers on lol

conad
23-05-08, 06:33 PM
The law is a Joke. From June 1st, all imported cars into Ireland will be taxed at e2000 a year regardless of engine size.

two.... THOUSAND.... euros!!!! now that is criminal