PDA

View Full Version : x20xev crank sensor

jimbob-mcgrew
19-05-08, 09:23 PM
friend of mines got one of these in his vectra and were havvin a few probs changing the crank sensor, heard from another source that u can remove/replace it by taking the dipstick guide out to gain access to it behind the pas pump, does the dipstick guide just pull out of the block ? can it be done this way ? or have we gotta remove the pas pump to get in there.:tard:

Clean 2.0 nova
19-05-08, 09:38 PM
Can't comment on the specifics of what's in the way but the dipstick guide (AKA breather pipe) is a case of undoing the 2x bolts. Re-fit with new gasket of course. Can you not get to the one torx headed bolt holding the sensor in?

jimbob-mcgrew
19-05-08, 10:19 PM
as far as i can see, its not held down by anything, theres a single torx bolt holding the dipstick guide to the pas pump at its top end, its not like the usual 2 bolt setup as on the redtops where the breather is paired with it on the right hand side, its on its own on the left side, right next to the sensor, i undid that bolt and gave the guide a bit of a pull and jiggle, but didnt wanna go too mental and break it. can barely just get my fingers in there, feels like the pas pump might have to come out cos it felt like there wasnt enuff room to get a socket on it let alone a ratchet too, but my arm/hand/fingers were prety jammed in there so my sense of touch wasnt at best.

mulletor
23-05-08, 09:09 AM
hi mate if you have a/c it is an easy job. all you need to do is remove the bolt and tie a bit of wire to it and cut the plug off the top and wiggle it out. tie the new 1 to the piece of wire and pull it up.
if it dont have air con you have to remove the aux belt tensioner.
could do 1 of these in 7 mins and you get 1.5 hours labour.
twist it left and right to free it off.
presuming you havbe taken the bolt out of it.