PDA

View Full Version : Problems!!!

chris_sri
19-05-08, 12:48 PM
when i was driving back from newcastle yesterday my speedo just bounced on the clocks then stopped working! also my wipers just stopped working so they are now stuck in the middle of my windscreenlol! does anyone have a fuse diagram that they could post up please as i dont have a manual! cheers

NovaLad
19-05-08, 12:56 PM
The fuse diagram is on the back of the cover you pull off when looking at ya fuses.

Sounds to me like a 20amp yellow fuse bottom right hand corner of the fuses.

Check it to see if it's blown.

Dicko's
19-05-08, 01:07 PM
ours wouldnt start yesterday, turned out the interior light fuse had blown, which also worked the immobiliser and alarm lol

NovaLad
19-05-08, 01:08 PM
1 of my 20amp fuses had blown yesterday afternoon.

It was the 1 running the speedo, fuel guage, temp guage and cd player as far as i could tell...

Quick look in my Glove box for my spares which i ALLWAYS carry in the car swapped it over and jobs a goodun!

Dicko's
19-05-08, 01:20 PM
will remember to carry some spare fuses in it, gonna be one of them cars i can tell lol

chris_sri
19-05-08, 02:10 PM
cheers lads!:thumb:

NovaLad
19-05-08, 02:16 PM
Take it that you sorted it then?

What was the problem was it the fuse i mentioned?

chris_sri
19-05-08, 03:28 PM
just had my fuse cover off and checked fuses and its not them! and also had the clocks off and there was a little round black clip wich was half on and half off. as for the wipers i dont know could it be a relay? if so where is the relay?:roll:

chris_sri
19-05-08, 03:48 PM
no mate not sorted i dont know whats wrong with them

Lee
19-05-08, 03:56 PM
Does sound like the relay if theyve stopped half way across the screen. A blown fuse would let them sit back at rest position.

Cant for the life of me remember which one it is though, we need someone with a Haynes manual lol

Also, sounds like your speedo cable has snapped :)

craig green
19-05-08, 04:02 PM
Aye, speedo is nothing to do with electrics unless you mean the rev counter.

chris_sri
25-05-08, 03:04 PM
ok had a look finally today and cant seem to get speedo outta gearbox:confused:

Lee
25-05-08, 03:52 PM
ok had a look finally today and cant seem to get speedo outta gearbox:confused:

If you cant get the helical drive out (they do get jammed in nicely lol) unscrew the cable from it instead. Youll need to disconnect the cable from the dials and free it from the bulkhead to make it easier.

Dar
25-05-08, 04:10 PM
Fuse no 17. If your horn works it's not the fuse.

EDIT: and if it's not the fuse turn on the ignition and give the wiper motor a tap (With a hammer) or try to move the wipers.

Lee
25-05-08, 04:13 PM
EDIT: and if it's not the fuse turn on the ignition and give the wiper motor a tap (With a hammer) or try to move the wipers.

Good call, this happened to mine at the RR day lol