PDA

View Full Version : Shakspeare race way today.

scott.parker
18-05-08, 09:47 PM
Well took the car for a quick trip up there today on the trailer (mate towed it up)
It was well busy as there was a kit car show/meeting on and the track time on the Saturday had been mainly rained off so loads of people stayed to get runs in today, saw Chris there (Chris gsi) me and my mate in his 1.6 8vT went and there was a few novas, one silk V with Nos that was ruining 12's and a few nice Astra's,Corsa's etc one corsa let with 350bhp poor sod was from by London and broke a shaft, lol was on the other side the rd when we left..

As it was so so buys, the maddest Ive ever seen it up there not many people got a good amount of ruins in (****ing annoying bikers kept pushing to the front) think Chris did 3 by time i left mike did 3 i did 2, but then stopped as my brake caliper started to bind and i was getting vibration and it made it really hard to keep in straight line, every time you let off to change gear it would dip and lurch to the left :roll: lol so all in all i still enjoyed my self as i just wanted to drive the car (and she feels like she's going to be fast without the auto brakes) and see what it was like.

Ah also saw martin kelson up there,didn't reallies it was him till after id walked past.

Only pic's i took lol

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9853/18052008393al0.jpg
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4497/18052008392uk1.jpg

Ernie and Dave what times/speeds did you get on the Saturday?

Scott

Ste L
18-05-08, 09:48 PM
where's the pic's?!?!?!?!?

adam c
18-05-08, 09:50 PM
what times did you get?what time did the 1.6 8v T get?

scott.parker
18-05-08, 09:59 PM
My mate mike with his 1.6 8vT i just asked him and he only did two runs as well lol was silly busy! His intake pipe came off on first run so did 21.8 then on the second he got wheel spin through all gears and did 16.1 lol it's easy capable of 14.4/14.1's it's 191bhp.

Chris's car not sure on, think his were as bad as mine lol

I got a 14.4 @97 MPH on my first run, dipping and a diving all the way! lol
Then risked it one more time and did 15.0 dead @96mph, but after that the caliper was well and truly sticking as it was making noise's and stank like wet dog! so i packed up after that.

Scott

MARTIN KELSON
18-05-08, 10:24 PM
Hi Scott

Yea popped down with a few mates to take a look.
Was good day. Few too many bikes for my liking but seeing Duke Skyline on song was impressive.

You going to PV Scott in few weeks? If so maybe catch you there.

Cheers

Martin

scott.parker
18-05-08, 10:27 PM
Hey Mart, i might mate,even if it's not in the nova.

Scott

Nobby
18-05-08, 10:34 PM
looking good matey

chris gsi
18-05-08, 10:53 PM
nice to see you enjoying the car scott and she looks good, i did 3 runs and the best was a 14.7@ 95mph but it was just a test as last time out it broke down

scott.parker
18-05-08, 10:59 PM
Fook all to do with the thread, but i seam to have got sun burn!

craig green
19-05-08, 02:32 PM
LOL. Sounded like a busy weekend. Maybe drop an email to the organisers & complain about the bikes! Can only help.

1.6 8vT sounds cool. Wish I'd have seen that.

Adam
19-05-08, 04:04 PM
nice to see you enjoying the car scott and she looks good, i did 3 runs and the best was a 14.7@ 95mph but it was just a test as last time out it broke down
Did you get the prob sorted then?
What was it?

Nice one Scott, there good times to improve on :)
Whats the surface like at Shakespeare?

scott.parker
19-05-08, 07:13 PM
Nice one Scott, there good times to improve on :)
Whats the surface like at Shakespeare?

Yeah there ok with sticky brakes,lol
As for the surface it's really good,(was way too sticky if anything the other day) to be fair i don't understand why so many rave on about santa pod as if its something special, in my own opinion i say that Shakespeare raceways better!

Scott

chris gsi
19-05-08, 10:08 PM
Did you get the prob sorted then?
What was it?

yea the prob sorted now i thought it was the crank sensor as it had seen better days:) but it was the coolant temp sensor :thumb: