PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Austin Mini Mayfar 998cc Non-runner but t&t

Rich
18-05-08, 06:21 PM
Ok here i have a mini mayfair for sale. I bought it as a nice cheap fun run-around. When i got it it the brakes didnt work, no lights worked electrics did what they wanted. I got it through its mot, taxed it but then it broke down on my way home from the garage. I think the timing chain has snapped as now it wont even turn over, im not sure how easy or difficult it is to do but i dont have time for it so i need it sold. I was only pulling away slowly from a junction when it happened and been told you can usually get away with fitting a new chain but dont hold me to that.

The bodywork isnt perfect, its a little tatty in places but it is solid underneath in main places. The boot door has a couple of dents, theres some slight rust starting around the bottom of the rear quater drivers window. Its ideal if you have a spare engine and time to fix it.

Interior has a pair of bucket seats, rear seats are still in place. Needs a good clean out which i will try doing next weekend.

Has mini cooper (i think?) alloy wheels and discs on the front.

I have just put a new battery on it, replaced the nearside rear wheel cylinder as it was leaking. Bled the whole brake system through a few times so its got nice new clean fluid.

Has 11 months MOT and 5 months tax

It owes me just over 650quid and would like to make as much of that back as possible so open to sensible offers.

Im located in epsom, surrey. KT19 post code

Mobile number is 07738817922. I dont keep my phone on me at all times during the day at work but do check back. Feel free to leave a message and i will get back to you when i can.

Any questions or extra picture requests just send me a message on here or email nova3oy@hotmail.co.uk

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I will take some more but i need to push it off my drive and havent got anyone home at the moment to help get it back up the slope :roll:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p24/novarich/100_1923.jpg