PDA

View Full Version : Nova temperature gauge...

Leeboo
18-05-08, 05:23 PM
The temperature gauge in my 1.0 Nova isn't working.

What would be the cause? Thermostat?

Thanks in advance!

mowgli
18-05-08, 11:35 PM
could be sender, gauge, thermostat, gunged up cooling system or blown head gasket...

try checking the sender first, then follow in the order above

just vaux trev
18-05-08, 11:41 PM
give your clocks a tap first when warmish

GTE999
19-05-08, 12:22 AM
ive found that mine sometimes start from the middle or the beginning!!!!! When fitting my second set i found that i had to mess around a little with the contact on the rear to get it to sit at the start when i started the engine. Sorry to confuse the situation but you may find its the actual contact/clock rather than the engine. You can do the obvious like checking the pressure and temp of the hoses!!!

Nova_Tek
19-05-08, 12:24 AM
Check the wire, sometimes it comes off :)

Leeboo
19-05-08, 12:29 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys. I will try what yous have said.

@mowgli - I doubt its a gunged up cooling system as I had the whole cooling system off the car when I stripped the engine back, and renewed the engine coolant when refitting. It would hardly be a head gasket because I've done over 200 miles since getting the car (only MOT'd recently), and the gauge ain't ever worked iirc. There is just a little bit of oil leaking from the rocker gasket I think. Is the sender in the engine bay?

paulnova
19-05-08, 01:49 AM
Is the sender in the engine bay?

yes, its on the inlet manifold next to number 1 inlet port (assuning its a nova engine), it has a single blue wire coming off it.

fix
22-05-08, 10:45 PM
Check the wiring but if its connected id probably buy a new sender theyre like a fiver iirc