PDA

View Full Version : X16XE cambelt pulley same as???

meritlover
18-05-08, 11:56 AM
my key has sheared, is the 1.4 SOHC pulley the same, ive looked at my 1.2 engine and it has the key inverted (male key is on the crank) the X16XE has the Male key on the pulley and i need a new one.
would be great to know so i dont need to strip my good 1400 down just to find out its different. pics may help if you dont understand what i mean.

thanks for your kindness in advance

Adam
18-05-08, 12:10 PM
I take it your referring to the toothed crank sprocket that slides onto the end of the crankshaft, and runs the cambelt?

meritlover
18-05-08, 12:13 PM
yes Adam, CAMbelt pulley as apposed to serpentine belt pulley (with phonic wheel and harmonic damper)

Adam
18-05-08, 12:19 PM
Different part numbers.
I assume the belt has different shaped teeth or something/

Adam
18-05-08, 12:24 PM
In fact, yeah the belt teeth are different.
1400 are round.
X16xe is more like / \

meritlover
18-05-08, 01:27 PM
wish id read that before i took apart the 1.4 Adam,
yes the 1.4 SOHC is the same in the sence that the pulley has a male key and the crank is slotted, so i took it off thinking i was onto a winner. but its 1.25mm narrowr and as you say, the belt profile is different. the teeth ar trapeziod and the 1.4 is round.
oh the tears,
well i put the 1.4 back together and timed it, i must phone GM and get them to send a correct pulley over.

apparently this is a fault of common, and they often shear. although i think this was due to the previous owner not tightening the crank pulley bolt enough as it came off very easily in my hand.
both the ign trigger and cam timing must have been out between 15-20deg. im glad the valves are still ok!!

meritlover
18-05-08, 01:33 PM
Adam could you share the part number of the pulley with me?
it would help my engine so much.

Meritlover