PDA

View Full Version : locked, o0opss

davehaynes
17-05-08, 10:32 PM
fitted remote central locking bout 5months ago and had no problems and about 3 months ago i de-locked the hole car, doors and tailgate.
recently the battery has been playing up so i left the bonnet open in case the battery went dead so i could just recharge it and open the car but someone has closed the bonnet and now the battery is dead.
how can i get the bonnet open without destroying my grille?
any chance i could jack the car up and pull on the bonnet release cable?
any advise please
cheers, dave.

Dave.
17-05-08, 11:27 PM
a brick would help....

the easiest option i would say would be to try and get into the car. ring around local recovery garages etc and see if someone will come and open your car with a bar (you use small airbags on the door and put a metal hook through to pull the pin up) locked mmy keys in mine once, same sorta thing, was in within 2 mins :thumb:

Jack
18-05-08, 10:48 PM
A nova door is really not the hardest thing to get into - it takes about 5 seconds to open even if it has been delocked. Using a hook to pull the pin up is one of the harder ways lol

Use some muscle.

Paul
22-05-08, 06:12 PM
no-one in the right mind is going to post up on a public forum of how to break into a car.

FUSION X16XE
22-05-08, 06:21 PM
ill pm you how its done fella

not saying im a car thief lol

Jim Mcrae
22-05-08, 06:23 PM
Do you still need help??? PM me your number i'll talk you through :)

dave.gsi
22-05-08, 07:48 PM
if someone is actually considering breaking in to/stealing a car, as if they wouldn't know how to get into a 1980's vauxhall :roll:

i'll give you a few suggestions (for all the car thieves out there who don't know it allready:thumb: )........

brick - window

large screwdriver - lock - smack

screwdriver - fingers - door frame - pull

its not exactly rocket science, its common knowledge in primary school nowadays ;)

Lee
22-05-08, 08:09 PM
brick - window

large screwdriver - lock - smack

screwdriver - fingers - door frame - pull

LMAO, you chose the three ways which will most probably damage the car, and the second one is pretty useless on a delocked car lol

Theres plenty of ways to get into it, best way is to remove the rubber strip on the outside of the drivers door, and use a coathanger with a hook on the end to pull the latch open. Takes some fiddling, but if you know where to go you can get in within 10 seconds lol

And agreed, I doubt there are any car thieves who dont know this method already :wtf:

davehaynes
22-05-08, 09:55 PM
got in now just jacked it up and connected jump lead to altanator (however you spell it) and unlocked it
thanks for suggestions though

Paul
22-05-08, 10:15 PM
yes, but you can get in with a longish flate object like a number plate in quite literally 5 seconds without making 1 bit of noise.

General Baxter
22-05-08, 10:15 PM
rule one on delocked doors,

battery back up, anderson plug under the bumper conneted to the battery ;)

Martingsi
23-05-08, 12:07 AM
i had exactly the same problem with my car, broke into the bonnet really easy and into the doors :)

Mazz
23-05-08, 09:00 AM
See if you reach the bonnet cable from under the front of car, if you can give it a sharp pull! ;)

stevenf
24-05-08, 02:21 AM
i use a screwdriver on the bonnet catch. just pop it out of place and up goes the bonnet lol

Riggy
24-05-08, 07:26 PM
lol i use lee's method , take rubber strip off window and use that lol ,
but pulling up the latch is harder , just push it down with the rubber strip and it will open lol

General Baxter
24-05-08, 07:28 PM
bah hammer is the best lol