PDA

View Full Version : locked, o0opss

davehaynes
17-05-08, 10:31 PM
fitted remote central locking bout 5months ago and had no problems and about 3 months ago i de-locked the hole car, doors and tailgate.
recently the battery has been playing up so i left the bonnet open in case the battery went dead so i could just recharge it and open the car but someone has closed the bonnet and now the battery is dead.
how can i get the bonnet open without destroying my grille?
any chance i could jack the car up and pull on the bonnet release cable?
any advise please
cheers, dave.

Clean 2.0 nova
17-05-08, 11:05 PM
Plan A: Have a plan B.

Sorry that probably wasn't much help. What if you jacked up your car and connected a battery charger on the starter / alternator terminals. Then try unlocking?

davehaynes
17-05-08, 11:12 PM
i thought about jacking up and charging the battery but its behind the firewall but never thought about that, ill give it a go after work tomorrow and let you know how i get on
thanks.

Welsh Dan
17-05-08, 11:56 PM
You could try connecting the positive connection from a battery to one of the positive alternator terminals, and the negative to the chassis, that should provide enough power to get the car open, from there you can pop the bonnet and after removing the extra battery, charge up the one on the car.

CoolTiger
18-05-08, 02:16 AM
you have a pm :)

meritlover
18-05-08, 08:47 AM
remove the rubber door trim, put pinkie under the window between the window and door skin and pop up the door pin, takes 2 secs and leaves no door distortion.

novait
18-05-08, 08:57 AM
^ as above. thats how i got in to mine when i locked my keys in the car...lol

mulletor
23-05-08, 09:17 AM
rmeove the door strip by the glass and push down on the rod where the latch is. you can get in with a macdonalds straw.i know this from experience.