PDA

View Full Version : I need someone in HERTS area who can weld!!

chimp007_uk
17-05-08, 08:02 PM
As above... Had a proper sh!t day! Started welding in the box section for my seats :) but... thats about as good as it got :cry:

Cut all the metal and measured and marked the car, got the welder out and tact it in place, then welded it up and tap the box section with a hammer to check the welds penertrated :roll: the metal, and it snapped away... ground the welds off and started again... Only to find that the wleder was getting so hot that it became a plasma cutted and ate away my car :eek: :cry: Worked out there was no gas, bought a new one... and thought i'd plate it, only to find it did the same thing again... So basically there is no gas going through... I'm no welder, but I can weld good enough to do the job. But basically had a tit-ful and would rather pay someone to come along with a welder and patch and weld the bars and cage plates in!

Money, tea and food are on offer! I really wanted to get it done for PVS, but times ticking on and I'm loosing patience!

PLEASE please help... :) :thumb:

Ps. Yes, I should have learnt m lesson the first time, but you know how it is, you haveit all planned out and its easy to look back and think, what a c0ck but hey... I learnt a valuble lesson!

Chris

CoupeUK
17-05-08, 08:17 PM
"Blah blah blah...I bought the car like this.....blah blah blah....can you fix the previous owners balls up......blah blah blah" :);)

8v screamer
17-05-08, 08:21 PM
im a welder mate is there gas coming out of the torch?
if so are you just trying to weld straight into the gap between the different pieces of metal as there obviously different thicknesses, you need to run the weld on the thicker section so the most power is there and let it blend onto the thinner metal if you see what im trying to explain.

Lloyd

chimp007_uk
17-05-08, 09:28 PM
no, no gas coming out, bought new gas cannister. Cant see where problem is, just want it done properly. Fancy coming down next wknd ;)

Paul shush or ill tell them the truth bout your flocked dash lol

8v screamer
17-05-08, 11:05 PM
could do mate you aint far away always good to meet likeminded motor nuts too
pm me if u want it sorted
Lloyd