PDA

View Full Version : E16SE: How do I get this off?

CorsaBBoomer
17-05-08, 01:39 PM
Hi guys,

I'm taking my E16SE apart to clean everything so I can start rebuilding it.
Now I want the crank to come out but there is a toothie wheel (hey, sorry for my bad english) where the belt runs over but I can't get it of somehow.
I want it of so I can clean the oil-pump and the inner block.
Thx in advance! ;)

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/Michalak5/Phase%201/michalak223.jpg

Iain
17-05-08, 01:44 PM
It should just lever off I believe, it's only held on by the bottom pulley and bolt. Try putting something behind it and prising it off.

craig green
17-05-08, 01:46 PM
Lever it off. A screwdriver will snap so use something proper. Tapping it about might help as the woodruff key (notched thing in middle) is helping keep it on. Its an interference fit kinda thing.

CorsaBBoomer
17-05-08, 02:16 PM
It's come off! Like you guys said, tapping and putting something underneath. But I think that the Loctite-crazed-previous owner had also something to do with it :tard:
Thanks guys, and one of these weeks my WIP-pages will apear! (still in the breaking to pieces phase) :thumb:

7ova
17-05-08, 09:50 PM
good luck with your rebuild mate!
take lots of photos so you can see how things fit back together

CorsaBBoomer
18-05-08, 11:28 AM
good luck with your rebuild mate!
take lots of photos so you can see how things fit back together

I've allready learned my lesson into that m8 since I have over a 1000 pics from my previous project :thumb:

meritlover
18-05-08, 12:00 PM
it is a close fit, but non interference, so it slides off ok. as said, some LIGHT taps to free it off will help dont lever too hard as you may damage the oil pump (although you are rebuiling anyway) remove the plastic cover and it will help you. there should be no loctite on the crank (only the bolt threads)