PDA

View Full Version : Up front swilpot set up..

scott.parker
16-05-08, 07:49 PM
Right i posted this pic on my project page, this is Chris T's old set up he had, Lee did tell me how to plumb it up when i spoke on the phone the other day,but i have since forgotten lol

Need to know on the swirl pot whats what for feed,outlet to rail,return to tank etc.

So Lee if you read this HELP or anyone els please.

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/1599/09052008362smallsp6.jpg

Scott

General Baxter
16-05-08, 07:51 PM
don't dar use the same set up as well, I'm sure on his project thread its labelled up

Adam
16-05-08, 07:54 PM
Off top of my head.

The top line is the return to the tank.
Next down is the return FROM the rail
Next down is the IN from the low pressure Facet
The bottom one is the OUT TO the high pressure injection pump/filter(if your having a filter there, before the pump)

Lee
17-05-08, 02:26 AM
Adam is correct as per usual :)

And yes, fit a filter between the second pump and the rail. You dont really need a filter between the back pump and the swirl pot unless you want to protect your second pump, but ive never run one and not had any problems.

Scott, you have the memory of a goldfish.

ck
17-05-08, 03:51 AM
:D scott i certainly hope your top mounts arent staying that way round!!!!

scott.parker
17-05-08, 01:21 PM
lol Thanks Lee love you too..

CK why????????

ck
17-05-08, 05:16 PM
because the current way you have them the only thing holding them together is the big C clip. all the weight of the car on that small clip is not good. they are meant to go the other way round so that the clip is on the bottom. imagine a big jump or something the clip gives way, bang strut coming through your bonnet.

the top mounts are meant to be fitted the other way round, sorta nipple bit facing upwards so that the weight of the car pushing on the bearing is actualy resting on the alloy and not the clip.

others on here should also be able to confirm this.

its dangerous the way it currently is.. dont drive it like that mate, better to be safe than sorry

ck
17-05-08, 05:22 PM
if you look here you can see what you have to do to fit them correctly and still have lots of adjustability http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=348141

ck
17-05-08, 05:23 PM
they are not designed to run that way.

there made to go the other way round.

i would certainly not trust that small clip to hold the weight of my car...

ck
17-05-08, 05:27 PM
lol lol lol @ ck, always love this comment!

Myself and Dar along with many others run them this way up, been airborn many a time, off road, spun of track and they're still in tact.

Scott - they're fine how they are.

to be honest with you its not my car mate so i dont really care, im only saying how they should be fitted. a bit of piece of mind for yourself that all. ive spoken to a couple companys regarding this when i bought a set for my corsa they all specificaly stated which way to fit them. saying its a must not to fit them clip side up. i know there is no way i would trust that small clip with all that weight on there, there only meant to hold them in not hold all the weight..

ck
17-05-08, 05:41 PM
have you noticed any wear on the top mounts? i.e have u had em appart recently? wondering if the clip has started opening its groove up a little. its only a few mm thick where the clip seats..

personaly just the principle of it, its clearly obvious the big nipple type parts is the load carrying bit and not the bloody clip itself.

ck
17-05-08, 05:45 PM
well thats my opinion about it aswell as tas/comprake and pro-tec telling me specificaly what way to mount them.

scott.parker
17-05-08, 06:34 PM
Well it's one of them, some say your way, most i know say the way they are etc.
Oh and what holds your gear box pin in place anyone know??

Stuart
17-05-08, 07:14 PM
scott that gearbox pin is different though, its under next to no side loading (unlike the suspension lol)

personally I'd mount the facet back near the tank as they arent "supposed" to be run that far from the head of fuel.... some do run them upfront but its not ideal imho

Lee
17-05-08, 08:43 PM
The circlip cant go anywhere, its a phisical impossibility lol. I have to agree that the design is stupid having the clip where it is, but you just DONT get anywhere NEAR the adjustability if you run them with the circlip at the bottom.

I would take what the manufacturers say with a pinch of salt, they are the idiots who make them so their 'prefered' installation method severely restricts the adjustability.