PDA

View Full Version : Weekends jobs, need help!

chimp007_uk
16-05-08, 11:44 AM
Hi all,

My ssump gasket has started leaking from the osf corner... was a little at first and tightened the bolts but gradually more and more. Noticed it on my wheels... :eek: :wtf: and... the auxillary belt is slipping :cry:

Anywho, weekend is here, going to weld in some seat mounts and cage mounts and sort the sump gasket. oh and oil pressure switch :D

A) XE oil pressure switch, Which wires to where?!?
B) Can the sump be removed witht he manifold on?!? (please say yes!)
C) Where the cage mounts behind the front seats, does it need to be built up? or is 4mm plate sufficient?!?

And if anyone fancies lending a hand?!? Mucho appreciation! Want to try and make it to the track day next weekend at Llandow and don't have anymore time before PVS :(

Cheers All

Chris

Lee H
16-05-08, 12:43 PM
A) The plastic plug is for the oil pressure light and the metal pin thing is for the oil pressure guage. The two wires should already be in the loom near starter and alternator wires, blue/yellow and blue/green.

B) No. Sorry.

chimp007_uk
16-05-08, 03:00 PM
cheers for that, will have a gander!

Anyone else?

Will F
16-05-08, 03:13 PM
A) warning light to original wire, signal wire direct to back of clocks - easier to run a single wire yourself...
B) Nope! lol
C) Dont really know what you mean, but you can buy 'feet' for the cage from anywhere to weld them in.

chimp007_uk
16-05-08, 03:26 PM
so, I'll have a look at the oil pressure switch tomorrow morning! that seems to be an easy one lol

Is that a "nope", meaning that i have to remove the manifold?!? i really haven;t got the time to be doing that!

With the cage, its bolt in but i'm going to weld some plate tot he rear arches an floor first. However, in my manta its had someraised mounts made and welded in... Is just plating it and bolting to that ok?