PDA

View Full Version : anyone online tax'd right after MOT?

Big_Chap
16-05-08, 12:30 AM
as title really, looking to mot the car and tax online directly after due to not being able to find my insurance certificate.

anyone had problems? guessing its ok to drive it after completing the tax online while the disc gets sent out?

cheers in advance!

vaughanmc
16-05-08, 12:51 AM
My car was insured from the Jan then MOT'd on the 1st March and road-taxed about 10 mins after the MOT

If thats helpful ?

No problems at all with mine...

Big_Chap
16-05-08, 12:58 AM
yeah but did you do it online? what i'm wondering is if the mot status is updated instantly so that when i go home and apply online it will show up as having a valid mot and also can the car be driven without a disc as long as its been paid for/processed

vaughanmc
16-05-08, 01:02 AM
My dad went to the post office for mine...

If the car has been processed and is on the records as Taxed - But no tax-disc

I reckon it would be OK as long as you have proof of it being paid/processed ?

burgo
16-05-08, 01:18 AM
it is an offence to not display a valid tax disk

ianglanister
16-05-08, 01:53 AM
as above a mate told me after him finding out the hard way

rodgers
16-05-08, 02:36 AM
no mine went through fine

ck
16-05-08, 04:15 AM
ive tried taxing a car online the same day it passed its mot and it wouldnt let me do it so ended up going to the post office the next day. i think most of the time it takes a good day or two to update the system...

Big_Chap
16-05-08, 09:23 AM
cheers folks, its cool, i spoke to the dvla and you do have to wait til the disc arrives, but i found the insurance certificate so all i need is mot

mikey14sr
16-05-08, 02:03 PM
You can go to a tax-issuing post office or dvla office and get a tax disc within minutes of getting the mot certificate, I do my car tax on-line and it usually takes 3 or 4 days to get to me, but my mot's have usually been sorted out at the start of the month that the tax expires.

Big_Chap
16-05-08, 05:02 PM
yeah but it was becuase i'd lost my insurance certificate that i was wanting to do it online to save waiting on a new one coming out etc... its cool though, i found it so i'll go to the local post office.