PDA

View Full Version : Here she is.............

staggy_gsi
13-05-08, 09:40 PM
well, as from tomorrow the norris is back on the road!! took it back to my house earlier and took a couple of snaps lol

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/staggy_gsi/CIMG0718.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/staggy_gsi/CIMG0717.jpg

still got a few bits to do like the laguna splitter and a full set of GM mudflaps.

most people will probably say it looks the same as any other nova with speedlines but after driving it home i have remembered why i love novas!!!

:thumb: :thumb:

Jim
13-05-08, 09:44 PM
most people will probably say it looks the same as any other nova with speedlines but after driving it home i have remembered why i love novas!!!

:thumb: :thumb:
Nothing wrong with that, it's a combination that works well which your car proves. Looks very tastefully done. :thumb:

staggy_gsi
13-05-08, 09:51 PM
cheers mate!

was starting to lose my enthusiasm with it tbh but now its back out im in love again lol

matthew172
13-05-08, 09:59 PM
tbh i wouldnt put a laguna splitter on or any splitter for that matter, i think it looks spot on as it is, i think splitters spoil nova gsi bumpers but thats just my opinion

staggy_gsi
13-05-08, 10:08 PM
hmm, food for thought............lol

Nick J
13-05-08, 10:13 PM
tbh i wouldnt put a laguna splitter on or any splitter for that matter, i think it looks spot on as it is, i think splitters spoil nova gsi bumpers but thats just my opinion

I agree with matt, maybe best to leave it off fella, looks well as it is, I bet its not long before the plates catch the eye of the law either!

SRimon
13-05-08, 10:16 PM
What drop have you got at the back?

ade
13-05-08, 10:17 PM

I agree with Matt. The splitter is too low for the side skirts and makes the front look too deep.

Looks lovely as it is - dont spoil it!

:thumb::cool:

staggy_gsi
13-05-08, 10:25 PM
What drop have you got at the back?

90mm fella, bought them off someone on here.

as for the plates, they are velcro'd on so i can change them quickly, but the velcro is that strong i bend the bloody plate before it comes off!!

Spudly
13-05-08, 11:10 PM
My word mate shes come a long way, that looks awesome ill have to give you a shout next time im headin up your way so can come have a nosey tis very nice mate well done (oh and id only put a laguna splitter on a mk2 SR bumper as imo they stick out too far on GSi ones and look a bit wrong)

Btw ya still got same mob no?

Nick J
13-05-08, 11:14 PM
90mm fella, bought them off someone on here.

as for the plates, they are velcro'd on so i can change them quickly, but the velcro is that strong i bend the bloody plate before it comes off!!

Have you modified the inner arches at all?? Id keep an eye on it as it may be bare shiny metal very soon If no fettling has been done to prevent it or your using spacers, The allesios will be very close in them rear arches with that drop fella! Although it looks great there is a few of us who have had this very problem!

draper
14-05-08, 07:16 AM
looking good - altho i dont like the front number plate at all

staggy_gsi
14-05-08, 01:23 PM
Btw ya still got same mob no?

if the one youve got ends in 473 then yes i have!

i think im gonna try the splitter on anyway, ive already got it so might as well lol

Nick, i havent heard any rubbing as yet but i will keep a close eye on it!

craig green
14-05-08, 02:11 PM
Looks nice, shame you cant hold the camera still. Dislike the black plates though... why?

Brodie_Sri
14-05-08, 05:07 PM
Looks good mate:thumb:
I will keep an eye out for you next time i am in scarbrough

staggy_gsi
14-05-08, 08:57 PM
Looks nice, shame you cant hold the camera still. Dislike the black plates though... why?

sorry, we cant all be pro photographers.

i chose the black plates because i like them.

NovaLad
14-05-08, 09:00 PM
Looks amazingly clean!

Why does your grille not line up with the wing?

Also get a new GSi grille badge to finish it off.

Adam
14-05-08, 09:06 PM
Does look clean as fook, its an example of why a gsi kit and speedlines are so popular.

If it were mine, standard front plate and the original wipers/linkage would be back on :cool:

staggy_gsi
14-05-08, 09:12 PM
Looks amazingly clean!
Why does your grille not line up with the wing?

think thats something to do with the cheap pattern front panel i had fitted. built this thing on apprentice wages so tbh it isnt as good as id like. but im on a decent wage now so more work is planned for winter to bring her up to standard!

staggy_gsi
14-05-08, 09:14 PM
If it were mine, standard front plate and the original wipers/linkage would be back on :cool:

each to their own mate lol ever since i was like five ive wanted a nova like this so ive built it! putting a black sunstrip on it aswell soon.