PDA

View Full Version : chris astley

conad
13-05-08, 09:28 PM
in general how quickly does everybody recieve their items (im thinking of ordering a hose kit but need it before pv)

Will F
13-05-08, 09:30 PM
Totally depends on item and whether he has them in stock.

Jack
13-05-08, 09:32 PM
Ring and ask him ;)

krobinson
13-05-08, 09:37 PM
If it's in stock, next day/2 days.

I've had a few items take weeks/months tho.

Rick Draper
13-05-08, 09:38 PM
Currently going into about the 3rd week of my orer for 2x4" 90 degree bends. Not happy at all.

ben doodar
13-05-08, 11:03 PM
i ordered a drive shaft from him on a thursday he promised it for the following monday, when i received it the wednesday after, it had been posted on the monday. nice 1!

wilson_sri
13-05-08, 11:13 PM
Ordered roose hoses from him a couple of weeks ago, wasnt expecting it to be a fast delivery though as i doubt its something he keeps in stock.

Rick Draper
13-05-08, 11:13 PM
Once i have my hose's and joiners i think i will take any business elsewhere. Rally design should have been where i placed my order. Had no reply from chris after i sent him a pm and i know he has been online since i sent it.

conad
22-05-08, 10:53 PM
rang chris he said over 3 weeks.

rang roose motorsprort on saturday.... recieved them yeterday.

trackdaynova
23-05-08, 06:15 PM
lol typical, i've not heard too much good stuff regarding lead time recently to be honest... alot of broken promises too (returned calls etc)

dan16v
23-05-08, 09:01 PM
Once i have my hose's and joiners i think i will take any business elsewhere. Rally design should have been where i placed my order. Had no reply from chris after i sent him a pm and i know he has been online since i sent it.

Always use rallydesigns or demon tweeks for hoses! never had a propblem!

ck
23-05-08, 11:57 PM
over a week for a single LET exhaust manifold gasket and that was even £10 postage!!!

R1CH
24-05-08, 12:36 AM
Had stuff off Chris a couple of times and always recieved them within a couple of days, aint had anything recently tho, He's pretty much a 1 man outfit isn't he ? i know its not an excuse but i reckon he'll be kept fairly busy from phone / net orders ... then theres the spanners side of it, maybe things have grown a bit to quick for him / the business ?

Geordie-Chris
24-05-08, 09:19 AM
I ordered a breather pipe off him the other day, he didn't have one in stock so said he'd split a kit for me if he had the right colour, sure enough the part arrived the next day - excellent service and seems a canny bloke too! I'd use them again.

mayhem
24-05-08, 10:56 AM
we orderd with a few guys here from the netherlands, package arrived in a wheek, only 1 pack of arp2000 bolts where missing.

so emaild him and he would sent another set.. thats almost 2 months ago, and still nothing.

General Baxter
24-05-08, 11:30 AM
i know the problem, its you lot ordering big block parts, if we all kept to small blocks it would be fine lol

tbh, i just thing hes overloaded with orders at the moment, im sure iv read somewhere even his vxr project has come to a stop to try and clear the back log

conad
24-05-08, 11:07 PM
he must be making loadsa money, why not expand the busines and employ someone else?

The Simps
25-05-08, 06:27 PM
he must be making loadsa money, why not expand the busines and employ someone else?

Its not as simple as that. I "think" he had to have a change of staff as the they were making too many mistakes and good, reliable help who actually take care in the job is hard to find.

I know Chris and know he works really hard and when people say all it takes is a quick email they are right but when you've got hundreds of quick emails to send out it ain't such a quick job anymore.

If the item is in stock its normally a very quick turn around. Problems occur when there could be a delay sourcing the parts.

I'm just hoping he can get back on top of things and get the right staff as I don't want to see him heading down the PVD route. Chris is an asset to the vauxhall scene, end off.