PDA

View Full Version : ...Another eBay joker!

Dec16v
12-05-08, 03:52 PM
I bought a new EBC clutch kit from purecarpartz a couple of weeks back for £40 (inc postage), got the delivery 4-5 days later, opened the box and all 3 clutch parts were rattling around loose, the only protection was thin grease proof paper :mad:

http://i8.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/e1/84/edf1_2.JPG

When I opened the EBC box, I was inspecting the clutch and cover, I noticed that I was stamped F&S (Fitchel and Sachs)

Excuse my ignorance, but have I been taken for a ride :cry:

Dec

mikey14sr
12-05-08, 04:12 PM
To be completely honest, most aftermarket clutch kits are made by sachs, the packaging sounds normal compared to the kits I've fitted in the past.

Stuart
12-05-08, 04:15 PM
most tend to retain the std clutch cover and you get an alternative friction material plate thats the only real difference

mikey14sr
12-05-08, 04:19 PM
And a fancy printed box instead of a fairly plain one.

Dec16v
12-05-08, 04:36 PM
To be completely honest, most aftermarket clutch kits are made by sachs, the packaging sounds normal compared to the kits I've fitted in the past.

The cover and plate are both stamped F&S, in comparison to the clutch I took out (which was also F&S) they are 99% identical.

If anyone has bought an EBC clutch kit in the past please let me know, failing that I will try and get in touch with EBC themselves to verify it's genuine...

Dec

craig green
12-05-08, 05:14 PM
I've had 3 EBC clutches over the years. Packaging sounds normal. They are OK. Nothing special but my local factors does them really cheap with no need to return the old unit or pay surcharge.

They are re-lined old units anyway with a release bearing thrown in.

Dec16v
12-05-08, 07:25 PM
That's pretty shocking really, as I'm sure they go for around £100 RRP. I thought I had myself a bargin at £30+postage!!!

Oh well, I haven't been robbed

Dec