PDA

View Full Version : Revcounter Q's.....

CoupeUK
12-05-08, 02:07 PM
I received through a set of SRi white ring clocks this morning and have attempted to fit them to my LateXE'd 1.2. But i'm having trouble wiring up the revcounter.

I have found so far:

The green wire that's connected into the SPi loom thats on the plug that goes into the clocks....
The other end of the green wire that looks to be on a flat and wide black plug on the RHS on the engine bay.....
A small plug by the battery tray that has a green wire that comes from the XE ECU.

How do I wire it all in together?

The cars a Jplate Mk2 1.2 SPi with a late DISpack XE fitted.

Cheers
Paul

craig green
12-05-08, 02:15 PM
IIRC you want a green wire from the coil.

chimp007_uk
12-05-08, 02:22 PM
I'm not a 100% sure on these mate... never played about with dispack engines. get a multimeter and switch it to AC and look for a pulse on the dispack?!? a guess...

Someone will come on and tell you how.

Got your shocks fitted?

Lee
12-05-08, 02:24 PM
As on mig, you should get a rev guage reading from the green wire on the XE engine harness, as it is connected to the Dispack :)

CoupeUK
12-05-08, 02:33 PM
IIRC you want a green wire from the coil.

Its DISpack, no coil!

CoupeUK
12-05-08, 02:36 PM
I'm not a 100% sure on these mate... never played about with dispack engines. get a multimeter and switch it to AC and look for a pulse on the dispack?!? a guess...

Someone will come on and tell you how.

Got your shocks fitted?

Ok, i'll leave the multimeter stuff, I got one but dont know how to use it!

Shocks on now, she's on her ****! Need to get the rears refurbed as I think one of the adjusters knackered. Literally just fitted my MPi fuelpump, it aint hesitant when he's just been started anymore!!!

CoupeUK
12-05-08, 02:37 PM
As on mig, you should get a rev guage reading from the green wire on the XE engine harness, as it is connected to the Dispack :)

I traced the green wire from the ECU and it goes to a plug by the battery tray. Connected this direct to dials and nothing :(

chimp007_uk
12-05-08, 02:41 PM
I've got a tacho that works, should be back this weekend if you're still not sorted.

Is the adjuster not turning? try soaking it in WD-sorty over night

CoupeUK
12-05-08, 02:48 PM
Yea cool, i'll catch up with you the weekend anyway at some point mate ;)

CoupeUK
12-05-08, 04:24 PM

I been looking for the last half hour for another green wire, only found the one that goes to the random black plug by the batt tray. I chopped some of the sheathing off the loom and have found another green wire but I haven't been able to find where it goes to!

I tried connecting a wire from the green (from ECU) directly to the clocks but no joy. Is there a way of checking the clocks?

Lee
12-05-08, 05:11 PM
Hmm, interesting.

You could try earthing a 9v battery to the back of the dials and then touching the green wire from the dials to the other terminal, see if you get any response from it.

Might have to have a look at a wiring diagram for the dispack loom, but I dont have one to hand :(

AlexW
12-05-08, 05:30 PM
Nice to know you got them then, I presume there from me lol

CoupeUK
12-05-08, 05:39 PM
Nice to know you got them then, I presume there from me lol

yea they are, should have pm'd you but been too excited about getting them in!

AlexW
12-05-08, 06:29 PM
yea they are, should have pm'd you but been too excited about getting them in!

Lol no prob! :)

CoupeUK
12-05-08, 06:44 PM
I ran a multimeter (on its 4cyl tach setting) off an earth and to the green wire from the ECU and I get a reading of idle rpm. It raises when revved as it should.

i'm really lost now!

Lee
12-05-08, 06:46 PM
Rev counter must be dud then.

AlexW
12-05-08, 08:34 PM
Rev counter must be dud then.

God dont say that! it was working fine a few days before!