PDA

View Full Version : GSI Door

carlos24
11-05-08, 08:12 AM
I am currently in the process of changing the passenger door on my GSI. I've finally got the old door off & gone to fit the new door. The bottom hinge lines up but the top hinge is about 5mm too high so won't fit.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and how have you sorted it? The only solution I can currently see is getting the hinge on the door moved.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Jack
11-05-08, 10:58 AM
Odd - do you know what age Nova the donor door came off?

mayhem
11-05-08, 11:28 AM
huh?

i have 87'gsi doors in mij 91' nova, was a easy fit.

only that that thing what keeps the door open is different.

Philsutton
11-05-08, 12:48 PM
Never had a problem fitting any door to any other nova, you sure your hinges rent damaged or the door has been dropped on them.

Jay
11-05-08, 12:59 PM
May the chassis have been bent in a past crash, and the new door wont line up because the chassis i bent. Just a thought?

Jay

mowgli
11-05-08, 01:58 PM
i would imagine a bit of grinder time & some flat washers will sort it, but when i have swapped doors, they have always been a straight swap

novacabrio
11-05-08, 11:32 PM
pics??

Dod
12-05-08, 09:28 AM
Its possible that with removing the doors, that the upper/lower hinges have bent inwards and so wont fit correctly.

In fact I'd bet on it.

Get a piece of Threaded Metal and feed it from one of the Door hinges to the lower and see if they're straight, if its ok, then do the same with the Pillar mounted Hinges

If they all line up correctly, then I think the Angle Grinder may be your only option. but whatever amount you cut from the hinge will need to be added to the bottom, or the Gap at the bottom of the hinge.

If you dont understand, tell me and I'll draw a Diagram.

craig green
12-05-08, 02:21 PM
Likewise I know something is different with the doors from early to late models but I have an A reg door from a GL model on my passenger side of a H reg car.