PDA

View Full Version : Wheel arch trim

snapper
05-09-02, 12:55 AM
'allo!

i've been thinking about various body kits, trims and stuff and i was wondering if there is anything in the way of wheel arch trims available for novas? kind of like the ones on 205 gti's, golf gti's and corsa's.

perhaps i could get some of the trims of one of the above cars and modify them to fit? any thoughts?

ta :)

dave.gsi
05-09-02, 10:38 PM
i thought of something similar a while back but realized it would look shit cos of the square boxy nova arches with round ones on top.

what does look cool though is using 5door front wings (the round ones) and also blending the round bit in to the standard rear arch. u need to be pretty handy with a welder though.......and also with the filler too lol

snapper
06-09-02, 12:41 AM
i thought of something similar a while back but realized it would look s**t cos of the square boxy nova arches with round ones on top.

what does look cool though is using 5door front wings (the round ones) and also blending the round bit in to the standard rear arch. u need to be pretty handy with a welder though.......and also with the filler too lol

yeh, you might have a point there. it might look a bit dodgy. thanks although i don't fancy welding a new arch in :o

Matt Finary
06-09-02, 12:20 PM
I brought some R5 GT turbo front and rear arches from the scrappy and over the last week have been cuttin and making them fit. I have done the front ones. They look good but they have taken a lot of work to get to fit and look right. I still don't know if I will use them on the flying machine.

Matt :)

snapper
09-09-02, 01:11 AM
I brought some R5 GT turbo front and rear arches from the scrappy and over the last week have been cuttin and making them fit. I have done the front ones. They look good but they have taken a lot of work to get to fit and look right. I still don't know if I will use them on the flying machine.

cool. any chance you can get some pictures up here? ta if you can and don't worry if you can't :)

Matt Finary
09-09-02, 02:43 PM
I will post some pic later this week because my scanner doesn't like my pc at the moment, so i will have to wait for my digital camera to come back. The arches do suit the wings quite well.

Matt :)