PDA

View Full Version : BANG!!!!

jamesdarlington
05-09-02, 12:11 AM
Help me!! I got cut up today by some idiot and went skidding into a kerb then BANG. I got out and all didnt look too bad apart from the fact that the idiot who cut me up drove away. I started driving down the road and looked at the wheel and it was buckled tracking was f****d. I got home had a closer look and the wheel actually seems to be sitting in further what do i need to do and is it f****d. HELP me please

Ben (lurk75)
05-09-02, 09:12 AM
i lost control in car park at work and hit a kerb sideways at about 45mph, luckily all i had done was broke the track rod end and put a dirty great scrath down my old alloys :!:

take it to a garage to get the tracking done, hopefully could just be that if it is the track rod end (about ?15) they will tell you as they wont be able to get it straight.

it could also be a lot more serious but try to rule out the small things first :!:

Dicko
05-09-02, 12:14 PM
nah usually the lower arms bend 1st, managed to do this by leting a female have a go of my car in a carpark once, bad move

anyway took it off and with the help of a big hammer sorted it, but i spose i shud have got another from the scrappys.

it also might have buggered urtrack rod end

jamesdarlington
05-09-02, 11:01 PM
Ok it is the track end rod that bent, im taking it to the same place that swopped my alloy over today. I am taking it to get tracking done so i will need to tell them that it is bent as well. Anyone have any idea how much it is to repair or replacement part?
Cheers lads

carltoncrazy
05-09-02, 11:07 PM
bout 25 quid to supply and replcae

jamesdarlington
05-09-02, 11:12 PM
what sort of place would i take it to to do that?

carltoncrazy
05-09-02, 11:14 PM
a garage :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jamesdarlington
05-09-02, 11:18 PM
lol joker i know that but any sort of garage in mind. 8) 8) 8) :twisted: 8) 8) 8)

carltoncrazy
05-09-02, 11:23 PM
1 wiv tools.
lol
u no u love my comments,
guys who do the tracking will probley do it

Anonymous
06-09-02, 09:09 AM
Believe it or not the hubs themselves have a tendency to bang if you give them a decent impact too.

I smacked mine on a curb, did the bottom arm, ite bar and ball joint and the camber was still wrong, swapped the hub and it sorted it, amazed they dont crack rather bend as tehy look cast, but either way, tehyDO deffo bend, i know others who have bent them too.

Would take a competant home mechanic with the right tools best aprt of an evening (3-4 hours) to swap the hub, track rod end, ball joint, bottom arm and tie bar roughly.

Chip

jamesdarlington
06-09-02, 01:27 PM
Ok then. It def is the lower bottom arm that is bent. I took it to a place today and they jus said it was the tracking and i let them do it but its still f****d so im taking it to this mechanic i know who works from home to have a look. Ive also noticed that if i do a full lock to the left and move something is scraping! The car doesnt want to move, any ideas what this is?

Anonymous
06-09-02, 04:03 PM
Tyre catching on the arch probably.
Just cause the botom arm is bent doesnt mean that the only problem, mine was bent and the hub still went as well.

Chip

jamesdarlington
07-09-02, 02:36 AM
Sorry for sounding ignorant but whats the hub?

Anonymous
07-09-02, 07:45 PM
Its the bit taht everything else fits onto, ie the brakes, the whell, the suspension.
The steering turns it.

Chip