PDA

View Full Version : where to put the ECU on a 2.0 convertion?

Gabbo
06-05-08, 11:42 PM
as in the title where do you guys put the ECU when doing a 2.0 convertion??
if you need to know which engines we have 2 one is a 20xe and ones a 2.0seh?? pics would be very greatful :)
cheers :)

ste porter
06-05-08, 11:55 PM
in the drivers foot well where the kick plate is or on the shelf under the steering coloumn is where most of them end up mines bolted to the shell where the kick plate should be but im not to bothered about seeing it as its striped out and used as a toy more than anything else

Gabbo
07-05-08, 11:39 PM
yeah we were just weighing the job up and i think on the shelf would be the easyest and neatest job as you dont see it and its acessable to. just wanted to know of a few of you peaple where yours are.
thats great cheers :thumb:

Adam*D
08-05-08, 09:13 AM
Mines in the drivers side door pocket! I don't have a shelf.

craig green
08-05-08, 09:44 AM
Another of the 'things' I hate about XE conversions.... The ECU is always in view on the shelf or bodged in a plastic bag in the scuttle area.

I managed to use an SPi ECU mount bracket to hold my smallblock (FTW!) ECU up above the glovebox. No one will ever know its there.....

Lee
08-05-08, 11:10 AM
Bear in mind if your doing the convesion on a carb model, you will have to bore the hole for the loom to come into the car yourself. When I did Steve's I had to cable tie the thing to the battery leaving him strict instructions to relocate it when he could source a hole cutter. Not sure if he's done it yet though lol

Lee H
08-05-08, 12:50 PM
You need to drill the hole in any model as the only hole in the firewall is for the ariel cable.