PDA

View Full Version : Not A Nova Problem, Corsa Heatshield

AlexW
06-05-08, 07:24 PM
My Friends corsa b has a rattleing from the very front exhaust heatshield, Want to try and stop it too make sure its that and not somthing else.
Can Anyone susjest somthing to stop it for life or just short term?
Any help would be good, Cheers

Mike
06-05-08, 07:25 PM
Remove the heatsheild.

AlexW
06-05-08, 07:28 PM
Remove the heatsheild.

Didnt think That would be easy?

Mike
06-05-08, 07:30 PM
Didnt think That would be easy?

Its a peice of pressed tin secured with x3 8mm (IIRC) bolts.

Adam
06-05-08, 07:37 PM
Tenner says the bolts shear when you try to undo them too :D

Mike
06-05-08, 07:39 PM

I was awaiting a thread asking how to remove sheared bolts lol lol

Philsutton
06-05-08, 07:52 PM

lol they always snap off

Mike
06-05-08, 07:56 PM
A lot of the time you dont need to actually "screw" them, just thwap the bolt heads of with a trusty "thwapper" thing.

ste porter
06-05-08, 08:10 PM
or just leaver it of as it will pull the bolts through and chances are thats why its rattling any way because one has already pulled through

ste porter
06-05-08, 08:11 PM
awaits for a 'guess why i have my hand in bandages thread' because he trys it when its hot lol

General Baxter
06-05-08, 08:25 PM
lol they always snap off

i got 2 out of mine lol

AlexW
06-05-08, 08:51 PM
awaits for a 'guess why i have my hand in bandages thread' because he trys it when its hot lol

LOL Just as well i wont be doing it then, i just didnt have the time or the space to get right under the car when i found out it was the headshield.

And i knew the bolts would sheer, same as any bolts that get hot... Same as my exhaust...

AlexW
10-05-08, 06:04 PM
Right been trying to do it today, i think you all missed what i ment. The very front lower heatshield, on the bend of the exhaust. Its not 3bolts as i was hoping, its bent together at the seems. been trying to break the seems and have got half off but cant get the front half to split :(

Any ideas of what i could do.
And whats the point of the heatshield there? should i bother with replacing it or whatever?