PDA

View Full Version : Leak Somewhere!

GTE999
06-05-08, 05:24 PM
Hello people.

Got a problem. Ive finally sorted all the welding on my nova following a puddle of water i found in the front floor. Unfortunately once i started digging and stripping the interior i found more and more. Thankfully its all been welded and sorted ready for painting (loads of pictures to follow. Keep an eye out for my wip update). Anyway to get to the point. It was raining the other day and i hadnt drove the car but when i went in, i found a small pool in the same place where i first discovered it.

Ive spoke to an ex vx mechanic who suggested i might have a leak around the sunroof and suggested i remove the roof lining at one side to check. Now before i do this is there anywhere else i should check first and secondly, if i remove the roof lining, im presuming its glued on so whats the best way to put it back on ( is there any specific product i should use). Plus i dont want it to look stretched and messy.

cheers
craig

meritlover
06-05-08, 05:32 PM
try a search, theres been a LOT of posts recently regarding leakages on novas. ;)
check the sunroof drain tubes are clear before you go removing roof lining!

GTE999
06-05-08, 05:35 PM
i take it the rain tubes are accessable from just opening the sunroof??

Iain
06-05-08, 05:35 PM
Crack a hosepipe on it and check for where it's leaking from - I wouldn't rush in to removing the headlining if you don't need to as it's a bit of a pig.

Welsh Dan
06-05-08, 05:43 PM
If you open the doors and pull the top door seal away you can get between the roof and the roof lining to get to the sunroof drain tubes.

pul16v
06-05-08, 05:51 PM
could also be engine coolant comeing from heater matrix or a windscreen seal leak

meritlover
06-05-08, 05:52 PM
blow a compressed air line down them to remove leaves/moss crap etc. as iainel says it is a bit like a pig

jimbob-mcgrew
06-05-08, 07:34 PM
uurrghhh.. dirty sunroofs.