PDA

View Full Version : water

Anonymous
01-11-00, 11:54 AM
Has anyone ever had a wet carpet after it has been raining? Cos mine does some times, I have replaced door seals so it isn't them. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers lads

Dan

Anonymous
01-11-00, 12:32 PM
My cav had a wet carpet on monday but that could have been to do with the 2ft deep flood it stopped in. Up to my knees in ice cold water in my best suit in a blizard, trying to push a ton of diesel cav out of the water.

Anonymous
01-11-00, 04:40 PM
My old Nova merit had this problem. The carpets were soaking in the morning and it was really damp inside. It wasnt the door seals, window or anything like that. I eventually dicovered a rust hole underneath the battery, which was letting water in from the engine bay to the footwell. Hope that helps.

Anonymous
01-11-00, 04:48 PM
cheers mate, I think I'll be pulling all that apart at the weekend then.

Anonymous
01-11-00, 07:03 PM
Ye, a common problem is a hole under the battery, If u can look or feal under the dash above ur pedals. U didnt say it woz the passenger/driver/both side. If u have any cables (aerial/choke etc..) going through ur bulhead then put silicon seal on them. Check underneath ur doors. There should be a small whole. If this is blocked and u have shit loads of rain, it's possible for it to fill ur door a little and leak into ur car. Hope this helps. keep us updated on n e thin u find.

Anonymous
01-11-00, 09:07 PM
Mine leaks under that battery tray!

Anonymous
02-11-00, 08:57 AM
cheers Dicko, nice 1

Anonymous
02-11-00, 06:38 PM
mine used to leak and i checked the battery tray the windscreen, the seals and it was none ov em.

what it was was when i took out my side repeaters i forgot to seal up the holes in the inner wings.