PDA

View Full Version : Gta 4.

Dod
06-05-08, 11:49 AM
Right I got it, played it quite a bit but to be honest, I reckon GTA San Andreas was better!!

Its good, I love the being Drunk Bit and being able to call people for a chat, but it hasnt a patch on San Andreas.

Anyone play it online yet?

Mike B GTE
06-05-08, 12:01 PM
not played on line yet, only got it on Saturday. Thought it was pretty awesome to be fair, graphics and gameplay are far better than previous versions, feels alot more real too. the whole mobile phone thing is quite cool.

slickman7
06-05-08, 12:22 PM
ive played it once on the ps3 and from all the hype, i expected alot more then wat i got graphics looked a bit dated and gameplay seemed familiar. i def though it wernt worth a 10 maybe 8-9 but then again that was when i was playing it on someone elses crappy console, (ps3) and in someone else's house im waiting for mi box to arrive back from being repaired

(they said something about the console couldn't keep up with all the headshots i kept getting) lol

Steve
06-05-08, 12:23 PM
I played it over the weekend round a mates, and it is an awesome game but the cars dont feel right, suspension too soft, all the cars seem too slow and trying to powerslide/ drift them is pointless!

Graphics and gameplay are way above SA but dont think the playability is. :(

Dod
06-05-08, 12:26 PM
Agreed fully!!

The brakes on the cars as well, WTF? I'm assuming that they're making these things wrong to right them for the 5th Title. I also love being thrown out the windscreen of the car. :D

So no online gamers yet?

Asa-James
06-05-08, 12:49 PM
not yet, played it at my uncles on his ps3 t'other day, thought it was top (do a burnout and wait for the tyres to explode!!) waiting til payday to get it for my 360

Dod
06-05-08, 12:58 PM
They explode? Sweeeeeet!!!!

Asa-James
06-05-08, 01:00 PM
hold the brake and accellerator at the same time to start it and just hold it for about a minute!

slickman7
06-05-08, 01:11 PM
online wernt to great on the ps3 i dunno if the guy messed up the settings by having the whole map avaible but there were only 10 ppl and not much gun fights alot of the time was spent runing / driving to the area and then getting killed

IF U GET A 360 KEEP EVERYTHING recipte warrenty etc they have a habit of breaking as u know and some of the stuff microsoft will charge u to get fixed lol

jkhilton
06-05-08, 01:36 PM
I love it! The cars do feel a bit strange at first, but once you get the hang of them and dont just slam the brakes on for each corner you can go really fast and corner really well.

The online side of things was a bit poor when I tried it, I suspect it is because people are still playing through the game and it'll pick up in the next week or so.

The missions are all quite easy, just frustrating if you fail a mission and then have to do the whole mission again, if there were checkpoints in the missions it would be better.

Dod
06-05-08, 02:05 PM
But isnt the Taxi Function great? Getting to and from Missions?

Nick
06-05-08, 03:26 PM
Another cool thing is...

When in the Corvette, or similar Wedge shape sports car. If you hit reasonable size SUV/Pickups/4x4's from behind on the motorway you can just go straight under them.. classic :)

Martin
06-05-08, 03:51 PM
online on the 360 is kudos.. on small areas airport etc(flying the choppers)

the missions do ge tharder.. oh and be carefull of that michelle lass lol(i wont spoil it for you all..)

Steve
06-05-08, 05:31 PM
It is a good feature but at the same time a lot of the littles changes in the game is stuff they could have done before, sa and vice city were a bit too game like, whereas now you can crash your car into a wall and it will explode and you'll get flung out of it, but the handling still seems too poor especially on the sports cars, I used to love powersliding in s.a. but try it in gta4 and you'll either carry on sliding or lose all your momentum and drive off slowly!

Maybe once we've all played it a bit more it get better but I wasnt blown away when I first played it.

djshaggeh
06-05-08, 05:31 PM
Awesome game, I think in some ways its better then SA and other ways its not.

I love the way cars handle, its alot more realistic and it actually takes skills to chip from one island to another.

Multiplayer is funny as f00k! hook up with a few mates and do the team battle. Go straight to to the rocket launcher and its game over for eveyone else. The rocket launcher, WOW!

Also, try dialling 911 on your mobile you can call the police, ambulance and fire services to your location! Perfect if you need a cop car for a mission.

The only thing I miss is the big open countryside of san andreas and a crosser!

X-Box live ID: Djshaggeh

jkhilton
06-05-08, 05:47 PM

It's fine if you dont need a decent car when you get to the mission or if you just want to get to an area of the map quickly.

I've just hit 40.somthing% and have opened up the 3rd island and the missions aren't any harder than the first ones, doesn't matter though as they are still good missions and the shooting/driving is great!

DTR-DEVIL
06-05-08, 05:51 PM
GTA 4 is the best game ive ever played, i dunno wat the ps3 is like but all of my mates have said how amazing the graphics are when all of us are flying over the city in a heli!

The Multiplayer is awersome when with loads of your mates on party mode,

The Actual game, storyline, characters, missions are simply amazing.
I Agree the cars are a bit weird, but get used to them and you can be a drift king!

and if you have ever played onnline party or UNLOCKED the the third island.
check this serrrrious sick car! Only one in the game! Its a Evo Lookalike called the Sultan RS, its even got a siccckk dump valve!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU1zztGStvM

GTA FTW! :D

Dod
07-05-08, 09:38 AM
Will the online game operate from a wireless connection or does it need to be plugged into the Router?

jkhilton
07-05-08, 11:47 AM
Wireless is fine.

tony k
08-05-08, 06:48 PM
i got mine the day it came out on the 360 think its ok but could of been abit better all the hype but ay its still a good game they should of left the gym on and when if you ate too much you got fat aint played it online yet any of you guys played it online yet