PDA

View Full Version : Air filter for a 1.2i nova

Jay
05-05-08, 11:02 PM
Will this fit my 1.2i single point injection nova k reg mk2. ?

Ebay item number : 280224350346

Jack
05-05-08, 11:11 PM
No, you need a cone filter for an injection engine. That one is to suit a carb engine.

Jay
05-05-08, 11:13 PM
No, you need a cone filter for an injection engine. That one is to suit a carb engine.

Ahh man, i need any sort of filter i can get which isnt to big as i need 2 fit my strut brace over it, any ideas jack?

Jack
05-05-08, 11:18 PM
Ah, forgot the 1.2i has a dustbin lid type filter as standard. Still, that filter won't fit as it has 3 bolt holes to fit the carburettor, the spi inlet only has two bolts

Have a look in this (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97477) thread for inspiration. I think Adam has posted pics of a corsa intake fitted to a 1.2i

Dod
06-05-08, 09:31 AM
You can Modify K&N Type filters to fit SPi engines, I remember seeing it done before. You'll need to pipe the breather pipe trough the bottom of the filter and drill 2 new holes through the top and Bottom to make it fit. No big job.

jimbob-mcgrew
06-05-08, 10:15 AM
ahh yeh ive seen that once before dod, guy i knew had the breather pipe cable tied top and bottom of the drilled hole to keep it securely in place, he said it worked fine.

Dod
06-05-08, 10:24 AM
Yup, its a spot on Mod. :D

Jack
06-05-08, 11:59 AM
drill 2 new holes through the top and Bottom to make it fit
You'll also need to plug the old holes, otherwise you'll be sucking in unfiltered air.

craig green
06-05-08, 01:12 PM
Or get a Corsa/Astra SPi inlet top hat & use a cone filter...

Either way its an utter waste of money on a 1.2 SPi. You will get next to no power gains tbh.

Put the money towards better brake fluid or pads.

jimbob-mcgrew
06-05-08, 07:26 PM
yeh craigs right man.. save yer cash for some decent brakes or something. from the filter youll probably only gain like 2 brake.. and thatll be at the top end of the rev band no doubt (good for track cars getting constantly nailed), but youd probably loose a bit of power in the low and midrange (not so good for road cars) upto you tho.

edit: i bet if you shopped wisely, that £30-40 that the k&n will cost you, you could probably pick up a cheap 1.4 block with everything on it, more bang for your buck, and still in the cheap tax band and not too heavy insurance, whilst still not beeing silly on petrol costs.