PDA

View Full Version : Twin 40 Weber Set Up

nova_saloon
05-05-08, 10:34 PM
Hi,
Ive got a set of twin 40 weber carburettors and the inlet manifold, And i want to stick them on my 1.3 sr does anyone know how to and what i need to fit theese on? or is there a website with fitting instructions, Plus they need to be re jetted to my engine!
Thanks
Phil

Nick
06-05-08, 01:11 AM
You'l need an alternator lowering bracket and also a longer altenator Slider*.You will also need a Throttle Linkage. Some throttle cable(s) and some Trumpets/Filters.

In terms of fitting, it's a simple straight swap. You may need to modify the Accelerator pedal/Cable connection if your running twin Cables, and also modify the bulkhead to get both of them through, but i've just used one half of the linkage. Probably best reading up on the interweb about how to set them up, as you'l likely have to do a bit of tweaking to get it to run to a RR.

The slider is made from chopping two sliders and extending the original proportions... this is not ESSENTIAL, but it makes changing the belt alot easier as the Alternator will foul the water pump on the standard slider with about an Inch of adjustment

Nick
08-05-08, 01:31 PM
Further to your PM..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/j829nick/IMG_0885.jpg

That's a picture of the Lowering Bracket. Next to the original bracket.

If you don't lower the alternator, it will foul the carbs. As a result of lowering it, the alternator sits closer to the waterpump.

The combination of lowering and the waterpump being in the way means you have a limited amount of travel on the "Slider" in which to take the belt on and off. You can get away with it, mine has the original slider. but a better way to do it is to chop and weld two sliders together - Then you get more adjustability and ease of belt replacment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/j829nick/IMG_2664-1.jpg

That shows the Slider. mines standard, not lengthened.

Also, In addition... you can use the original little Cam driver Mechanical Fuel pump, and it'l run fine. You only REALLY need a Electric pump and mandatory Fuel Pressure Regulator when you start modifying the rest of the engine.

Stuart
08-05-08, 02:36 PM
also you need to ensure your inlet manifold is for a 1.3/1.2 engine otherwise the ports will be gash

Austin_Nova16
08-05-08, 04:45 PM
You can get loads of the niggly parts that you'll need from Southern Carbs in Wimbledon. They're only up the road from you...

Think they may have a RR there as well, or try Redline who are in Uxbridge (in spitting distance from the M25 between the M4 and M40)..

:thumb:

rubachuk
09-06-08, 09:51 AM
Is the 1.2/1.3 inlet different to a 1.4?

I have a 1.3SR and have a manifild from a 1.4SR I was going to fit. Will the ports be "gash" if I fit this? Am I better off flogging the 1.4 manifold and getting hold of a 1.3 item?

Cheers

tom_beverley
09-06-08, 10:45 AM
Yes they have different shaped ports, the 1.4SR has arguably the worst too! The 1.2/1.3 have 'cathedral' shaped ports whereas the 1.4SR's have square ports.

If you have the 1.3 head then yes, you want a T40 inlet to suit.

rubachuk
09-06-08, 12:00 PM
How bad would it be? Would it be pointless to do it initially?

tom_beverley
09-06-08, 12:08 PM
To a degree it would probably work, but in all honestly get a suitable manifold and do it properly the first time.

rubachuk
09-06-08, 12:13 PM
Fair enough then. Any answer that includes phrases like "to a degree it would probably work" means its not worth the hassle. I'll get the proper kit.

Thanks.

tom_beverley
09-06-08, 12:15 PM
:thumb:

Nick
09-06-08, 01:03 PM
How bad would it be? Would it be pointless to do it initially?

It would be utterly pointless. It'd probably run, but it will run poorly. The air-flow into the engine is very important, partially blocking it with flat faces isn't a good idea :thumb: