PDA

View Full Version : suprisingly pleasing.....and cheap too

burney
03-09-02, 11:08 PM
i had a brown interior :shocked!: and after reading the posts i decided to sprey it instead of buying a new one. i was in halfords to get some bits and had a quick look at the paint i needed. it was all like ?16.99 a can but right at the end they had light grey for ?2.99 so i bought it just to see if it would stick o.k. and if it would cover the brown. i did plan on getting a darker shade later on. when i got it home and sprayed the little cover near the bonnet pop leaver to test it i was suprised how nice the colour was. so i sprayed the glove box to make sure. its quite a light gray and it looks mint. it looks so clean compared to darker shades so im gunna spray the whole dash. anybody who read this far down THANKS. it really looks good and it was cheap so i thought i would share.

wizz kid
04-09-02, 05:58 PM
that is what stevie did on his 2ltr wide arch monster put a layer of fibreglass on it then sprayed it bodycolour which was a 4 colour flip

ade
11-09-02, 12:30 AM
Only really works on mk1 - mk2's have vynal spoongey stuff - you can buy a dye from halfords which is sposed to work well. never tried it meself though.

Make sure you plastic prime the dash areas 1st (m1's mainly) otherwise it'll flake off in a few months, specially if you have finger nails and you catch it! And if u can, degrease the surface (use panel wipe or similar) otherwise any kind of shiney cockpit cleaner stuff sprayed on to it before (inc polish) will reject paint and youll be left with a mess!

Add several coats and for extra protection (and shine) lacquer it all after a day or so!

Ade
:D