PDA

View Full Version : SRI Clocks

Adam Moran
03-09-02, 07:54 PM
OK got my SRI clocks for my 1.2i

Question 1: Which hole on the coil does the rev counter come from?

Question 2: How can i change the milliage on the SRI clocks too whats on the car already? - Can it be done?

Cheers All

Adam

Aragorn
03-09-02, 09:21 PM
there should already be a green wire coming out of the coil - just splice into this, a warning tho - keep the original connection intact as i THINK the ECU might use it for somthing like spark timing??

just cut it as it leaves the coil - connect the coil end to one side of a large (15a) connector block and the loom end of the green plus your wire to the dash to the other side of the connector

tape it all up with some electrical tape and start er up - if u do what i did she wont start (the connector that plugs into the coil had dodgy corroded contacts so no spark was happening - a quick wiggle on the connector fixed that out :) )
other than that it should all work cept u wont have an oil sender thingy unless u baught the sender from an SR/GTE etc

carltoncrazy
03-09-02, 09:25 PM
take speedo out,
wind back figures.
is it hard?????????

jon_boy
04-09-02, 06:55 PM
i done the dials and im no mechanic. took bout 30 mins. take the speedo section out from the dials by undoing every screw you can find. then take the front plate off( the bit that actually displays the speed, have to take the needle off first.) from there i worked out how to undo it as to get to the cogs and bits. sounds silly, but wen u do it u'll understand. but it is deff possible in bout 30 mins. but be honest with the mileage and dont just cheat people with dodgy mileage :lol: