PDA

View Full Version : URGENT!!!!!!!!!! HANDLE HELL

Paulegg
03-09-02, 05:15 PM
I am trying to get my door handles off 2nite cos my mates are coming round 2 colour code it. I also need to know how to get the bump strips, and both bumpers off. If u can help wiv any please do. Thanx Lads

mols1.2i
03-09-02, 06:09 PM
i got my bump strips off ma nova by just peelin them off they cum off easy. just use hot soap water and pull them off tho i think sum models the bump strips r put on with studs .

cassanova
03-09-02, 07:45 PM
handles: take off door card, with window up you should see 2 knuts on the back of the handle, undo them both (careful not to lose them tho) and if you follow the metal rod down from the handle to lock mechanism you should feel a plastic clip, unclip it to free up the rod and pull out the handle, easy.

bump-strips: ive got an SR and although mine pulled off easily, theyve got a metal backing and (although ive never tried) im not sure they'd be very easy to get back on.

Where abouts in Wales are you??

Paulegg
03-09-02, 08:04 PM
Thanx 4 the help lads. Im from North Wales, Near Bangor. Any of u know wherwe 2 get free graphics like www.............. anything like that???

cassanova
03-09-02, 08:32 PM
what sorta grafix u lookin for??? i know a girl in bangor uni, from cardiff tho.

burney
03-09-02, 11:01 PM
careful with the strips cos when i took mine off it also took of the paint right down to bare metal. the gap was so deep i had to fill it!! :evil: