PDA

View Full Version : FAO Dicko

yela_nova_rob
03-09-02, 02:54 PM
Hi mate do you know who that metal wide arched nova down fez, its red with a delata front bumper

Dicko
03-09-02, 10:48 PM
no m8 sorry not been down for 2 months, apart from on sunday when i was testing if ud race me or not

gutteed u didnt even bother :(

Stokie_Dave
04-09-02, 12:01 AM
i aint seen that nova neither and we pop down sometimes on sundays if we're jus passin thru if not stoppin @ the cruise...

heh i fink rob knows he cudnt win :) was fun cainin that shite saxo on sunday too.. lol, we cud have overtook him it was that slow.

Dicko
04-09-02, 12:07 AM
yea i still dont belive its a vts, gave him a fookin chance and still whoped him :)

killed me on the roundabout though, serious loss of traction :-/

Stokie_Dave
04-09-02, 12:15 AM
ye but tis fun wheelspinnin oot the ickle roundabout near KFC behind cunts on scooters... "ooh fuck i think i'm gonna die!" is probs wot they is thinkin when they hear 16v induction roar @ high revs and lots ov wheelspin a few inches from their back wheel :D:D

Dicko
04-09-02, 12:40 AM
yea well i never saw that kid on his scooter, honest ;) heh

well it indicated 65 on me speedo, some serious spinning :)

yela_nova_rob
04-09-02, 09:34 AM
I didnt even know you were behind till you had gone past....wot are rear view mirros 4 again.

And anyway had lady in so she moan like fuck,

The next point is we know its not what it seams.......

Stoke dave has concluded this with his quote "16v induction roar"

so wots in it or is it top secert

Dicko
04-09-02, 10:23 AM
hahaha ill kill him

1.6 16v m8e, still not running quite right but its still pretty fast :)

Ben (lurk75)
04-09-02, 10:54 AM
1.6 16v m8e, still not running quite right but its still pretty fast

at least it is running unlike my bloody 1.6 16v :evil:

Dicko
04-09-02, 11:03 AM
yes m8, well it uses something like 9 readings to advance/retard the timing and im pretty sure it aint getting at least 2-3 of these corect (coolant temp/knock sensor) very torky sometimes with less top end power amd other times crap pull then kicks in at high revs, very annoying :s

whats wrong with yours?

Iv hadto completely rebuilt mine at the begining of the year, and it needs doing again as i didnt replace the valve stem seals :(

Ben (lurk75)
04-09-02, 11:12 AM
have just had it fitted and cant find anyone who can sort out the engine management side of things, such as the wiring. i am using the X16 XEL from a 98 Astra sport. I have had the built in immobiliser removed from the ECU but i think that the wiring isnt correct and i cant find anyone who will touch it!

what sort of figures does yours put out on a good day???

Dicko
04-09-02, 01:25 PM
well i hadto completely reqire mine after a slight burning problem :(

does it run at all?

and can you get the diagnositc to work by pluging in a 12v bulb and grounding the brown/yellow wire?

this will read off the codes and hopefully pinpoint a wire problem

Ben (lurk75)
04-09-02, 01:29 PM
ooeeerrrr thats me lost already! plug a bulb into where?

no it dosent run at all.

Dicko
04-09-02, 02:15 PM
well not much use it it wont fire up m8

do u get a spark? does the fuel pump run? does it do anything at all?

might b worth you posting on MIg or somewhere asking for anybofy with an x16xe or x16xel that has recently put throttle bodies on or swoped to dta/mbe management and have there loom/ecu for sale. if u do u will need both together as a set.

if ur not getting a spark or fuel i would say whoever did your ecu for getting rid of the imobiliser aint done it right!

Ben (lurk75)
04-09-02, 03:18 PM
nah the ECU is sweet nothing wrong there they showed me it working on the machine in the shop!

my problem is the blatent mess of the wiring havent got a clue if its earthed up right or if the power is coming through, havent got a spark and dont think that the fuel pump is wired up right either!

but as i said there aint no sparkys round here that will have a look for me, except one guy who will only do it if i can supply the Vauxhall copy of the engine bay wiring diagram, wich they are being very reluctant to part with! :evil:

Dicko
04-09-02, 04:31 PM
wtf?

i went off the wiring diagram in the back of the haynes.

it shows all the wires, which sensors they come off and which pin they conect to on the ECU

you cant go wrong.

you probly aint got it powered up corectly if your not getting a spark!

you just need live (big red)
negative (might b black or brown)
switched live (usually thin black)

from these you should get a spark if the engine turns over and the ECu has power

Ben (lurk75)
04-09-02, 06:03 PM
thats the problem i dont think the ECU does have power as when its plugged in it makes no difference whatsoever to the turning over of the car.

i have had enough of the bloody thing now!

Dicko
04-09-02, 06:51 PM
havent you got or cant u borrow a voltmeter? simply see if any of the sensors are getting power with the ignition on?

where abouts you from anyways m8?

Ben (lurk75)
04-09-02, 10:46 PM
i think i might have convinced someone to have a look although he dosent sound to hopefull. i am in Bristol (wich is a bit of pain as everyone who can do it lives up north :cry: )

Dicko
04-09-02, 11:31 PM
OMG, an hour ago i was around the corner from you in cerenchester or something like that, you shud of said b4 i would of called past have a look

Ben (lurk75)
04-09-02, 11:44 PM
DONT SAY THAT :!: :!: :!:

i am nearly in tears now :cry:

no seriously though if you are passing vaguely near again give me a shout, i will sort you something out for your time and petrol etc.

oh yeah cirencester is about 25mins from me (the way i drive and you sound about the same :wink: )